Sponsored

Rumor: Steeda Blog - 2015 Mustang Weight Gain (Updated with Steeda's Response)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
Has anyone mentioned Road & Track claims an insider told them the Mustang GT Premium will gain 250 lbs, the Mustang GT Base will gain 170 lbs, and the Ecoboost & V6 versions will gain 50-70 lbs?
Yes, but I believe they have pulled that article and that it was likely based off of other incorrect information/misinformation.

C00KIE M0NSTER

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score

Sponsored

leftywayn

Past Mustangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3
The media is not Ford. If you believed media rumors and feel misled, you have no one to blame but yourself (and the media). Not Ford.

Misled... Blame Myself...Are you kidding me?... I don't care if the car is overweight, dissapointed? Yes, but I just won't buy it.

I'm not one of the people that put money down on this car.

But believe me, many potential buyers are not happy with this news.

That is the bottom line.

Backorder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan...:-(
I hereby dub this scandal weight-gate

I'm thankful for you being in this thread to lighten the subject. I'm just about done reading all the speculation... Too many people and too many opinions and tempers to go with it!

Weight-gate needs to stop lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Blah Blah Blah. Just wait until official info is released. Everything else is just rumor just like before the pics were released.

Everyone claimed they knew what it looked like, and NOBODY was totally correct.

Sponsored

PowerUp

Threads
Reaction score
The media is not Ford. If you believed media rumors and feel misled, you have no one to blame but yourself (and the media). Not Ford.
This 2-300 lb. reduction "rumor" was first spread on svtperformance. Why then, if it WASN'T TRUE, wouldn't someone have set SID straight, a v-e-r-y l-o-n-g time ago?!?

When wild azz "rumors" arose/arise regarding Camaros, someone "handled" as "fbodfather" generally makes an appearance and resets the clock. Why no such effort from Ford? Social media only works when they want it to? It works EVERY DAY. For, and now against.

Pizz poor "PR", at the very least, from/for Ford.

GTsquid

When wild azz "rumors" arose/arise regarding Camaros, someone "handled" as "fbodfather" generally makes an appearance and resets the clock. Why no such effort from Ford? Social media only works when they want it to? It works EVERY DAY. For, and now against.

Hey I won't disagree with you that I wish Ford had a better forum presence. We could use our own "fbodfather" for the Mustang but Ford seems like they want to stick to business and just have service-related help on the forums which is better than nothing. I still don't think you can blame them for not wanting to get involved with dispelling every unfounded rumor on the internet. That could be a full time job on its own.

tbonez3858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bat mobile
...the record store can fix your Turntable because its stuck on the same track.

Anyways like I said the 2016 Camaro MSRP will probably be Outrageous even with the "supposed Weight loss and New Engine" if they follow any of the other vehicles they have.

$74,115 for a fully Optioned 2015 Tahoe LTZ 4WD

ZL1® 6-Piston Front Brake Kit
This accessory kit includes:
2 racing-style front 2-piece, 14.6" rotors
2 – 6-piston Brembo® calipers with aluminum housings and ZL1® logo
Brake pads and mounting hardware
Rear calipers will not match on Convertibles
Does not void your vehicle's warranty
$4,315

That's just a Front Brake package for the Camaro...No way..ill keep my fat Mustang

No doubt..Chevy/GM has gone full on goof ball with their pricing. Its as if they think their cars are exotics. My wife has an Acadia and I browsed the lot while getting her oil changed. My mind literally (metaphorically speaking) melted out of my ear looking at the price tags..I could have easily bought a European luxury car for the sticker prices.

WOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gokart
This 2-300 lb. reduction "rumor" was first spread on svtperformance. Why then, if it WASN'T TRUE, wouldn't someone have set SID straight, a v-e-r-y l-o-n-g time ago?!?

Thought the rumor stared strait out of Pericak's Mouth back in 2010 during the interview with autoline. Would it still be consider a rumor since it came directly form the chief himself?

Last we heard is that they where within their target. I guess everybody assumed the target was to drop 200lbs and not gain another 300lbs.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.