Sponsored

Rubber trim around windows warped

mrasdf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB15
Anyone else having this issue? The rubber on the rear quarter windows are slightly peeling and the rubber by driver side mirror is folded in when the windows are rolled up.

Wondering if it's covered by warranty?
http://imgur.com/a/hndXKXc
0NXGJmKh.jpg

lDSGr3Nh.jpg

keCXTIMh.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

ArcsandSparks

Probably wrenching
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Metallic GT
Vehicle Showcase
The rubber trim around my driver rear quarter window started curling after sitting in the sun during a particularly hot day, brought it up during a regular service and it was replaced under warranty without issue.

It's at least worth asking!

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Your pics are not working, attach them via the site and not third party host sites.

On my prior 2016 EB Prem. W/PP, the following was replaced:

1) That same body seal on driver’s side for same issue where it would not seat correctly at top corner near B-pillar. It was replaced under warranty.

2) The driver side black exterior molding that goes from A-pillar to B-pillar along the roof/window line. It was replaced under warranty.

3) The driver side rear 1/4 glass - because the same black trim around the widow had more waves in it than all of the oceans of the world. It was a battle to get that replaced, because Ford initially denied the claim saying that the claim should have been made within the first 12k miles of ownership, and it would not be covered under the 3/36 (BS). So I actually reached out to CarLite and asked them if such massive ripples in the black trim was normal - and sent them a slew of pics; their Rep stated right off the bat that Ford should replace, that it was defective. So I went back to the Dealer, had them take better pics AND made sure they put the word “distorted” in their 2nd write up, resubmitted to Ford and Ford ended up finally replacing it under warranty.

OP
OP

mrasdf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB15
How long did it take for the dealers to repair it?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
How long did it take for the dealers to repair it?
#1 and #2 above were replaced on same visit; they had to order the parts prior to the appointment, but it was completed same day.

#3 above - they had to order the glass, then when it arrived and they opened the box, the rubber surround on the new replacement was already damaged... so they had to order another new one. This was about 2 weeks before the new arrived. After new glass was received, the replacement process was 3 days because they have a special contractor who does all their glass repairs. Plus, in order to replace it, the rear interior has to come apart as well. Each Ford Service Center has their own repair protocol for body, glass, etc, so even though my Dealer took 3 days, some might do it in less than 3.

Don’t expect the Dealership to have those parts in stock... they will most likely have to order and set you up with an appointment. Also to note, all repairs above had to be documented and approved by Ford under warranty... so they just don’t look at it and say “ok, we’ll fix it”... Dealership Service Center has to follow Ford's warranty protocols.

This was my driver side 1/4 glass on my prior 2016, before replacement of the glass. You can see how the black surround was all rippled and curling under at the top where it meets the roof line.
C5B5EA3D-BCC6-443D-8579-36303128D5CE.jpeg
8A2564DF-2E8A-4C63-9AB7-6653557BF641.jpeg
B70B3A61-BBBC-4A01-A2E2-303700793FDC.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited: