Sponsored

RPM fluctuating and stalling

shadowx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt premium 2019
I got FBO gt 19 with 50k miles, sometimes in idle when the radiator fan starts running, the RPM fluctuates and sometimes it leads to stalling. Voltage is fine and have a new battery. Also, car starts fine.
Sponsored

17MagMetal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT, 07 Ford Taurus SE, 95 F250 Xlt
Any codes?

Vacuum leaks, take a gander at air filter, verify fuel is correct, pull and look at plugs is where I’d start.

If it occurs exclusively when your electric fan kicks on I may also suggest you look at your alternator.

I’ve never been great at diag’ing that (electrical) stuff, but it might be your start.

OP
OP

shadowx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt premium 2019
Any codes?

Vacuum leaks, take a gander at air filter, verify fuel is correct, pull and look at plugs is where I’d start.

If it occurs exclusively when your electric fan kicks on I may also suggest you look at your alternator.

I’ve never been great at diag’ing that (electrical) stuff, but it might be your start.
No codes is my problem. I just changed spark plugs and O2 sensors and nothing changed.

17MagMetal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT, 07 Ford Taurus SE, 95 F250 Xlt
No codes is my problem. I just changed spark plugs and O2 sensors and nothing changed.

I’d pull the plugs and take a gander at the gaps if this occurred with the change of them.

Otherwise, fancy scan tools with live data from a professional could help you out.

You could also pull the battery for 15 minutes and see what happens lol.

OP
OP

shadowx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt premium 2019
I’d pull the plugs and take a gander at the gaps if this occurred with the change of them.

Otherwise, fancy scan tools with live data from a professional could help you out.

You could also pull the battery for 15 minutes and see what happens lol.
I changed and gapped them while having the issue. Thx tho