Sponsored

Roush Valance WILL fit Non-Premium

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
I've checked and double checked both my premium and base bumper as well as my Roush valance.

Fitting will require two things:

a)Trimming the base bumper at the molded seam all the way across the bumper.

b) Using epoxy to mount L-brackets for the Roush extensions. I recommend thin bar-stock AL hand bent (easy) and drilled for exact fit.

You will also need: 6 - M6 speednuts and bolts.

I will try to get some pics up of the cut line, I didn't make the brackets as I used a premium bumper but it is really obvious what to do when you get in there.
mod base.jpg
ca1.jpg
Sponsored

shawndean22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro SS 1LE
yea good stuff, Ford racing is coming out with gt350 style rear valance quad tips paired with ford racing exhaust and quad tips. which fits bot premium and base. But nice you go this to install on base, other options will exist.

2L8IWON

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
So... You did this?

If so, any better pics?

GTFORMULA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Grey gt500 pp, recaros, nav
Very interested as well. If I know it can be done and some pics I'll do it.

Sponsored

OP
OP

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
I will try to get some pics as soon as I can. Sorry for the delay, I'm building my kiddo a "princess" bed, tearing down the car for winter updates, and now making room in the garage for the other cars in anticipation of some nasty weather tonight...

mccoy87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2007 V6, Mustang 2010 V6, Mustang 2015 V8
Ford racing is coming out with gt350 style rear valance quad tips paired with ford racing exhaust and quad tips. which fits bot premium and base
Are you sure about that?
Source?

blk_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CO 2015 GT PP
Are you sure about that?
Source?
In the GT350 valence/exhaust thread I believe a vendor confirmed that Ford said yes it will per their specific request on base vs premium.

EDIT: "FRPP just confirmed to me that the quad exhaust and valance will fit ALL models of Mustang GT and Ecoboost. Hope that clears everything up with bumper fitment."-Derek @ Lethal

OP
OP

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
In the GT350 valence/exhaust thread I believe a vendor confirmed that Ford said yes it will per their specific request on base vs premium.

EDIT: "FRPP just confirmed to me that the quad exhaust and valance will fit ALL models of Mustang GT and Ecoboost. Hope that clears everything up with bumper fitment."-Derek @ Lethal
I'd take that with a grain of salt. Unless they come out with a design that does not utilize the clips found on the premium bumper this will not hold true.

Further, I highly doubt they would rely on the end user to epoxy the needed brackets in place.

We will see when they start being shipped I suppose...

Sponsored

blk_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CO 2015 GT PP
I'd take that with a grain of salt. Unless they come out with a design that does not utilize the clips found on the premium bumper this will not hold true.

Further, I highly doubt they would rely on the end user to epoxy the needed brackets in place.

We will see when they start being shipped I suppose...
I agree....not holding my breath just passing along what was said.

ShaneS550

ShaneS550
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Mustang RubyRed
I've checked and double checked both my premium and base bumper as well as my Roush valance.

Fitting will require two things:

a)Trimming the base bumper at the molded seam all the way across the bumper.

b) Using epoxy to mount L-brackets for the Roush extensions. I recommend thin bar-stock AL hand bent (easy) and drilled for exact fit.

You will also need: 6 - M6 speednuts and bolts.

I will try to get some pics up of the cut line, I didn't make the brackets as I used a premium bumper but it is really obvious what to do when you get in there.

Wow man, I can't believe this worked. I was planning on buying the new premium bumper just to do this. Please take as much pictures as you can and instructions on how to do this to save myself a lot of money. How's the bumper holding up after doing the install?

OP
OP

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
Wow man, I can't believe this worked. I was planning on buying the new premium bumper just to do this. Please take as much pictures as you can and instructions on how to do this to save myself a lot of money. How's the bumper holding up after doing the install?
I didn't take any when I originally did it as I used a premium bumper. What I noted was that if you cut along the line I showed in the pic, it is totally feasible to mount the Roush kit. All you need is some good epoxy, some 30grit, 1/16 AL bar stock, and then make some brackets for the side pieces.

I'm backed up in the garage right now so I will try to take a pic for clarity as soon as I can pull my stock bumper down.

Damn nice. how long did it take?
The first time I took about 3 hours taking my sweet time and completely swapping bumper covers.

I helped Sooner 5.0 do his and it took just a couple of hours. It's really important to go slow, constant check your work, mount, check, keep going.

DO NOT FOLLOW CJ PONY PARTS instructions for installing the outer studs. I didn't screw up but I bet they did. Only put about 3/4" of stud into the Roush valance.
Sponsored