Sponsored

Roush stage 3 conversion

Milktasd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 cobra, 2000 Sonoma LSx, 2021 velocity blue gt
So I ordered a new gt about a month. Interviewing for a new job that pays much better. Always wanted a stage 3 roush…can I send my car once the dealer receives it to roush? I ordered the car from a roush Ford dealer because I was looking at getting the blower installed too. With the bump in pay, seriously thinking of getting the stage 3 that has the upgraded cooling and fueling mods straight from roush.
Would it be an official stage 3, since it hasn’t been titled to me before going?
Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Congrats on the new car and upscale in pay grade. Awesome.

I'm not sure your car will not be an official authorized Roush Stage 3 car even if you send it to Roush after your dealership gets it. I think it needs to go straight from factory over to the Roush factory, but I may be wrong on this.
Good luck and keep us posted!

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I'd say by the time they add the cost for the interior upgrades, suspension, brakes, wheel upgrades, exterior upgrades and supercharger and upgraded cooling, you may have been better off buying a real Roush Stage 3 car. I haven't heard of Roush taking in customer cars and rebuilding them into Roush cars...but I've been wrong before.

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
So I ordered a new gt about a month. Interviewing for a new job that pays much better. Always wanted a stage 3 roush…can I send my car once the dealer receives it to roush? I ordered the car from a roush Ford dealer because I was looking at getting the blower installed too. With the bump in pay, seriously thinking of getting the stage 3 that has the upgraded cooling and fueling mods straight from roush.
Would it be an official stage 3, since it hasn’t been titled to me before going?
Roush will not do that. They are special ordered and sent directly to Roush for the Stage 3 Conversion and is a pre-titled build whereas Shelby America, Salween, Steeda, RTR etc are post-title builds.

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Isn't Roush 3 like almost GT500 money territory?!

Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Yes it is but doesn’t have the crazy dealer mark up.
BINGO!!!!!

If one has the patience and the time to try to find one that is close to MSRP, then go for it.
Hard to come by at MSRP or even a little over. If I could get one at MSRP, I wouldn't even think twice about placing an order for one at the time.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I would have done the same thing instead of going the route that I did. I just can't bring myself to pay a dealer markup on anything.

BINGO!!!!!

If one has the patience and the time to try to find one that is close to MSRP, then go for it.
Hard to come by at MSRP or even a little over. If I could get one at MSRP, I wouldn't even think twice about placing an order for one at the time.

OP
OP
Milktasd

Milktasd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Roush stage 3 options are $24-40k extra depending on what you want added. I didn’t want all the options. If I knew I was getting more money I would have ordered a roush out the gate for a new daily. Right now, still don’t know if I will get the new job so the point is moot. If I get the job, I will definitely call the dealer and ask though lol
Just didn’t know if anybody else had tried to.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
You could always get a GT at whichever level you prefer and add things like the supercharger, suspension, etc as the funds allow.

Roush stage 3 options are $24-40k extra depending on what you want added. I didn’t want all the options. If I knew I was getting more money I would have ordered a roush out the gate for a new daily. Right now, still don’t know if I will get the new job so the point is moot. If I get the job, I will definitely call the dealer and ask though lol
Just didn’t know if anybody else had tried to.

Sponsored

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
You could always get a GT at whichever level you prefer and add things like the supercharger, suspension, etc as the funds allow.
Exactly, is there a reason you want Roush? Keep in mind the resale value as you will recoup zero for added costs unless you really find someone that wants Roush stuff. Typically, when you pull a Roush VIN it shows as regular GT unless you sell/trade it to Ford that knows Roush stuff. Roush had a lot of trouble for brand recognition and Shelby outshines it in this department and resale value. Something to also think about.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
I smile at that last sentence because my buddy has a Roush Stage 3 and I have the Roushcharger and guess what, the dealer put the wrong oil in both our cars. Heck, the oil caps even state 5w50. I walked out to the oil change guy and asked him why on the service order it states 5w50 and yet he put in 5w20. He looked at me and said I picked up the parts at the parts counter and poured in what they gave me. I looked him in the eye and said, I heard the service manager tell you to use the exact same oil as the GT 500 he had just completed a change on. Did you not think to actually look at the numbers on the bottle. I then said I noticed you managed to input that you had used 5w50 in the computer and thus I was charged the higher price. It is a good thing I was looking through the window when he was changing the oil and snapped a pic and then zoomed in on the bottle. This was the second time this happened, so I had already learned my lesson. At least the first guy entered 5w20 in the computer and that is how I caught it when they rang up the bill. The same dealership, different oil change guy.

Exactly, is there a reason you want Roush? Keep in mind the resale value as you will recoup zero for added costs unless you really find someone that wants Roush stuff. Typically, when you pull a Roush VIN it shows as regular GT unless you sell/trade it to Ford that knows Roush stuff. Roush had a lot of trouble for brand recognition and Shelby outshines it in this department and resale value. Something to also think about.

OP
OP
Milktasd

Milktasd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1. I like the way the roush looks.
2. Comes with better warranty.
3. Comes with 775hp option with upgraded fuel pumps.
4. Has better cooling.
5. Has better tunes.
6. I like the way it looks(worth putting twice)

LetItRide1978

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Just call the dealership and find out. Don’t see why you couldn’t change the order if the car isn’t being built yet. Also keep in mind that there is a minimum spec for a Stage 3. I think it at least needs to be a GT Premium with 400a, Performance Package, MagneRide, and spoiler delete based on what they do to the car.

OP
OP
Milktasd

Milktasd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ll wait to call the dealer until I know if I have the job. Was just curious if anybody else had been through something like this.
Sponsored