monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
No drilling. Just snaking the line down the gap between the vent and the inner duct. When you remove the dash plate, you’ll see....
Oh ok, got it.. thanks cory!!
Sponsored

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Can't you enable a boost gauge in ForScan?
Not sure.. because a vac gauge is diff than a boost gauge. On GTs they were never meant to have boost, only vac. If i was you, I would try and get the center stock gauge cluster from a gt350 or 500 that has boost to retain the stock look without ripping apart your dash or adding stuff. Just plug and play, That's just me

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Not sure.. because a vac gauge is diff than a boost gauge. On GTs they were never meant to have boost, only vac. If i was you, I would try and get the center stock gauge cluster from a gt350 or 500 that has boost to retain the stock look without ripping apart your dash or adding stuff. Just plug and play, That's just me
Great idea. I'll check ebay. So, I would just unplug 1 gauge and pulg in the new one? That simple?

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Great idea. I'll check ebay. So, I would just unplug 1 gauge and pulg in the new one? That simple?
I would think, but I would do more investigating. Before pulling trigger. Because that's route I'm gonna go.

Sponsored

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Guys, boost is somewhat interesting, I suppose, but iat2, knock retard and other parameters are far more important in monitoring what is going on in your engine.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Guys, boost is somewhat interesting, I suppose, but iat2, knock retard and other parameters are far more important in monitoring what is going on in your engine.
I already have IAT on the dash.

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
I drilled for the vac tube, wires I routed past. I used a 90 degree drill attachment.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
I already have IAT on the dash.
You do not have iat2. That is the important one.

My only point is that there are gauges that provide multiple important data as well as boost. They simply plug into the obd port. By all means, do as you want but I think monitoring spark, knock, iat2, etc. is useful on a 12:1 compression engine running 12 psi of boost on pump fuel.

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
You do not have iat2. That is the important one.

My only point is that there are gauges that provide multiple important data as well as boost. They simply plug into the obd port. By all means, do as you want but I think monitoring spark, knock, iat2, etc. is useful on a 12:1 compression engine running 12 psi of boost on pump fuel.
You have a huge valid point, I agree.. thanks Bruce. =) I'm tossed which way I'm going.. learning about all these new parameters. I'm an oldschool foxbody guy 😁👍 all this new computer stuff is interesting hahaha

Sponsored

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Some of it depends on our own curiosity. I monitor iat2 very closely when I drag race because that is something I can control. Knock retard and spark advance are useful if you add octane or get fuel that is not up to par.

The nGauge was a good device but no longer made or supported. Lots of guys have those mounted in the A/C vent.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
So, which gauge has all these that looks decent? It plugs into he OBD port?

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
So, which gauge has all these that looks decent? It plugs into he OBD port?
Let me ask u, is your car a 2021? And did you have the Roush supercharger kit installed?
I just spoke with a huge shop in jersey named JDM in freehold . They are saying roush doesnt have the 2021 tune for our cars, wtf.. I'm confused. Did you have dealer install kit? Or an aftermarket shop that slapped s.c on and created there own tune?, Please help!!!
Thanks Anthony

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
I use an Aeroforce gauge. It works fine but only displays 2 parameters at a time. You can press the button on it and bring up many different things....including boost. I currently have it showing coolant temp and iat2. The car was only running a few minutes so the iat2 is still at ambient and the coolant temp is only 109.

I prefer my gauges right in front of me rather than off to the side so I mounted mine on the column right by the cluster. The wire to the obd port is not visable from any angle. Obviously, there are other mounting options including the A/C vent.

Not necessarily recommending this gauge but it is one option. Too bad nGauge is out of business. It was great.

20210503_144219~2.jpg

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Let me ask u, is your car a 2021? And did you have the Roush supercharger kit installed?
I just spoke with a huge shop in jersey named JDM in freehold . They are saying roush doesnt have the 2021 tune for our cars, wtf.. I'm confused. Did you have dealer install kit? Or an aftermarket shop that slapped s.c on and created there own tune?, Please help!!!
Thanks Anthony
Hey Anthony,
Roush has reased the Tune for 2021. Your shop has bad info. My Phase II is dealer installed. The Tune was released early last week. I picked up my car Thursday.

I would go somewhere else.

Good luck.
Sponsored