brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Oh.. Hehe. Makes more sense. Thanks!
And I do this before turning off the car? Or after?
Before. If you do that, the fans will run at high speed for about 5 minutes after shutting it off. Unless you are going to start up again soon, I dont really see the point of doing it. I do it to turn on the fans at the drag strip while waiting in the staging lanes but I never shut off the car unless there is a major delay.
Sponsored

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Before. If you do that, the fans will run at high speed for about 5 minutes after shutting it off. Unless you are going to start up again soon, I dont really see the point of doing it. I do it to turn on the fans at the drag strip while waiting in the staging lanes but I never shut off the car unless there is a major delay.
Ah, I just thought it was a good idea to keep the engine cool. Guess that makes sense.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Ah, I just thought it was a good idea to keep the engine cool. Guess that makes sense.
The water in the radiator will not be circulating through the engine so it is only cooling the water sitting in the radiator. It might lower under hood temps a bit.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
If you shut the car off in drag or track modes, the fans also run for about 5 minutes. Engineers who made it do that must have had a reason. They also run in sport mode with advance track off.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I do it after driving it hard and pulling into the garage. I leave the garage door open for awhile to also help lower under the hood temps a bit faster.

Sponsored

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
I do it after driving it hard and pulling into the garage. I leave the garage door open for awhile to also help lower under the hood temps a bit faster.
So, you pull into the garage, turn on the fans, and shut off the car?

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Yep, but only if I've been out running hard. I actually back in and leave the garage door open for awhile. Does it do any good, I have no idea but I've always believed if you can help something cool down, then it's good.

So, you pull into the garage, turn on the fans, and shut off the car?

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
I'm gonna try it just to make sure it works.
Sponsored