Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
It is bolted down, with 10 bolts.
The only thing that I can think is that the scoop was originally manufactured flat and they molded it to the curvature of the hood later. When it cools down it pulls up off the hood on the corners where there are no bolts. I have installed 3 of them, they all did the same thing. I finally removed all the tape so when it flexes up its less noticeable
Wow man. Thanks a lot for this. I asked this same question on your thread there so sorry for the double post.

Out of curiosity, are you going to leave it that way long term, are you going to wait until a fix, new hood if no fix comes out soon?
Sponsored

terryrwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Roush S/C Manual
Wow man. Thanks a lot for this. I asked this same question on your thread there so sorry for the double post.

Out of curiosity, are you going to leave it that way long term, are you going to wait until a fix, new hood if no fix comes out soon?
I'm looking to buy a hood with some real ram air. So eventually I will probably just sell this one. I was approached by a guy with a stock hood who wanted to trade, I almost took him up on it.

OP
OP
altjx

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
I'm looking to buy a hood with some real ram air. So eventually I will probably just sell this one. I was approached by a guy with a stock hood who wanted to trade, I almost took him up on it.
Gotcha. Cool man. Well thanks a lot and good luck! Hope you're able to get this taken care of soon.

nrothaar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Race Red
Apparently Roush released a fix for this and sent out kits to everyone who ordered?

OP
OP
altjx

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Apparently Roush released a fix for this and sent out kits to everyone who ordered?
Do I need to contact Roush about this then? I just got my hood scoop on Wednesday, but I don't see anything other than the instructions, decals, screws, and washers.

Sponsored

nrothaar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Race Red
Do I need to contact Roush about this then? I just got my hood scoop on Wednesday, but I don't see anything other than the instructions, decals, screws, and washers.
Ya I would probably contact Roush then. Unless the new parts are already included of course. According to the thread below all new hood scoops should already come with the fix included so you may be good to go.

Read through this thread for some more information about it:
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23692

OP
OP
altjx

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
as posted in other thread. roush updated the scoop. no issues now.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I just installed one today. I'll keep you updated on any issues. Hard to imagine this thing flexing with all the bolts that hold it in place.
image.jpg

Sponsored

MWilburn

Stumpy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance Package
Alternative clear coat

Hey Guys, I have the Roush hood scoop in my garage ready to install but the instructions recommend using PMP-19500-6000 clearcoat to stop the drilled holes rusting. This part has been discontinued by Motorcraft. I was going to buy a generic product off the shelf but its only good for 200 degrees and im not sure if this is suitable. what did you use on your install?

Thanks!!

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
nekro!

but they must have renamed it. any clear clearcoat will work from anywhere or clear rust inhibitor.

MWilburn

Stumpy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance Package
Thanks Khyber, I thought that might be the case but appreciate the confirmation !
Sponsored