Sponsored

Roush exhaust vs Stock

Truplift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Does anybody know how the exhaust tips compare size wise to stock on the 18+ GT? To me they look like they fit smaller in the diffuser. Any input?
Sponsored

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 2012 Corolla
Are you after style or performance? In either case, look up some youtube videos.

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 2012 Corolla
I have looked it up, just can’t really tell to much from videos visually
A video is all visual. Are you using your smart phone? I'd recommend using a TV or at least a PC Monitor. Make sure it's on the highest res setting and that the Youtube video is high quality. Take mental notes at where the tips lay and look at your own ride outside.

Super-Genius

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Oxford White Mustang GT
Does anybody know how the exhaust tips compare size wise to stock on the 18+ GT? To me they look like they fit smaller in the diffuser. Any input?
I think the Roush tips are 3.5 inches. I haven't measured the stock ones, but the Roush definitely looks smaller to me as well.

Sponsored

OU81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
They are smaller than stock but don’t look bad at all. Their sound is more than worth it.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
They are the same size picture on the step are both the Roush. The Beveled Edge, on the lip is an optical illusion making the ID look smaller.

Screen Shot 2021-01-20 at 9.55.55 PM.png

So you want the look of the RH set, just black the lip. Measurment wise they are the same, as the ones you will replace

As to the Roush sound outstanding, have the X pip also even better. And look great IMNSHO.

Screen Shot 2021-01-20 at 10.01.28 PM.png

For grins, cause you seem to look at detail. I blacked the muffler out so looking at the rear, no CAN in seen

IMG_0636.jpeg

Last edited:

SHxTGUN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP2
Yeah they're definetely on the smaller side compared to other tips and even the stock ones which is weird. They look okay when you're close to the car but when you step further back, it starts to look not so good because of all the extra space (and I'm not a fan on the look of the actual muffler itself which can be seen too)

They sound amazing though imo, just don't look the best. Just one of the reasons I have now bought the black diamond tipped AWE Touring catback to replace the Roush in a few days.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah they're definetely on the smaller side compared to other tips and even the stock ones which is weird. They look okay when you're close to the car but when you step further back, it starts to look not so good because of all the extra space (and I'm not a fan on the look of the actual muffler itself which can be seen too)

They sound amazing though imo, just don't look the best. Just one of the reasons I have now bought the black diamond tipped AWE Touring catback to replace the Roush in a few days.

"Yeah they're definetely on the smaller side. "

Bet you cannot back that up ? Door is open let's see what ya got, hot air or fact ?

Last edited:

Sponsored

SHxTGUN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP2
"Yeah they're definetely on the smaller side. "

Bet you cannot back that up ? Door is open let's see what ya got, hot air or fact ?
I mean multiple people have said the same thing as me on this thread so don’t know why you singled me out lol. But I mean you posted proof enough for me. Look at the huge gap in the photo you posted right above this. Officially I don’t know if they’re smaller or not or if it’s just an “optical illusion”, but you can see it with your eyes they definitely do appear smaller than even stock which is what the OP is asking. I don’t know or care if it’s actually 4” like Roush says or the 3.5” like other people say, but to my eyes (I have this exhaust btw) it just looks way too small for the cutouts. Like I said, that’s the only negative about this exhaust and something that’s not even really that big of a deal considering they sound really good either way.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I mean multiple people have said the same thing as me on this thread so don’t know why you singled me out lol. But I mean you posted proof enough for me. Look at the huge gap in the photo you posted right above this. Officially I don’t know if they’re smaller or not or if it’s just an “optical illusion”, but you can see it with your eyes they definitely do appear smaller than even stock which is what the OP is asking. I don’t know or care if it’s actually 4” like Roush says or the 3.5” like other people say, but to my eyes (I have this exhaust btw) it just looks way too small for the cutouts. Like I said, that’s the only negative about this exhaust and something that’s not even really that big of a deal considering they sound really good either way.
To much coffee ? I think we are talking apples and oranges. I'm talking OD, you might be talking length of the tip back to muffler . And that's is so, and noticed it myself. Unconcerned cause it is primarily up & under the aero.

OP
OP
Truplift

Truplift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Thanks for the input!
Sponsored