Roush Cat Back discontinued?

Stanv03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic Silver Mustang GT Premium
So does any one know why roush discontinued the Roush Cat back with black tips for the 2018+ S550? I’ve had this set up saved on my list on the web AmericanMuscle for the past few months for my 2020 Gt because I was saving it towards Black Friday/cyber Monday but a few days ago I was checking it out and it said discontinued. Only one they have is the chrome tips which is more like what $140 more of a difference. I still wanted the black tips but looks like it’s not possible, so I’ll just have to go with chrome tips and I check directly on the Roush site, and it don’t show up. I tried speaking with a roush expert and they told me that it’s “probably “ out of stock and they’ll make more in 4-6 weeks. So I said/asked “that’s confusing because wouldn’t it say “out of stock” instead of discontinued?” And then they just read/ignored my Question and closed the chat, didn’t even address it lol.. Does anyone might have an idea what happened ???

31566D37-E413-47C7-BE65-1A89189276B5.png

8E654A17-133D-4D5F-9A7A-69EA2555C46E.png
Sponsored

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
More than likely it’s out of stock. As for the discontinued, it’s possible they made a minuscule change and it’s a new part number now, so the existing setup is “discontinued” instead of just out of stock. Them no longer making one of their most popular setups doesn’t seem logical…

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Have you checked some other resellers? For what it's worth, the most popular exhausts for these cars tend to suffer from this out of stock problem pretty often. They make a batch, and it sells out pretty much right away. It's been worse since covid since stainless steel isn't as easily acquired as it used to be. MBRP was having the same problem for a bit, I was in a queue for over 2 months before my exhaust shipped last year.

OP
OP
Stanv03

Stanv03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic Silver Mustang GT Premium
Have you checked some other resellers? For what it's worth, the most popular exhausts for these cars tend to suffer from this out of stock problem pretty often. They make a batch, and it sells out pretty much right away. It's been worse since covid since stainless steel isn't as easily acquired as it used to be. MBRP was having the same problem for a bit, I was in a queue for over 2 months before my exhaust shipped last year.
I hope so, because I very much prefer the black tips over the chrome. And I don’t want to pay 100+ dollars on tip finishing I don’t really like.
Sponsored