Roush CAC operation

DF19RS3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3 Mustang, 1967 Chevy Chevelle
I had a look at it today. After going out for fuel, lots of Start and go driving, I came home and opened the tank. I see no movement. The IAT2s were at about 113. The coolant was room temperature. I stuck my finger in the fluid and it was at room temp no pressure either. I thought about checking the relay which I assume is the one mounted on the shock tower. I tried to pull it off but I couldn't. I assume you have to unbolt it to get it off. Looks like it might be a warranty trip.
Here is a Roush/Bosch pump actually appears to be working as it should.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Robottrainer

Robottrainer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Robottrainer
OP
OP
Robottrainer

Robottrainer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Robottrainer
Either my pump isn't working or it has air in the line. Relay and fuse check out good. Could be the harness. At any rate it would appear Theres a problem

DF19RS3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Either my pump isn't working or it has air in the line. Relay and fuse check out good. Could be the harness. At any rate it would appear Theres a problem
You should jump over to the Roush forum on FB. Lots of theories and suggestions but none that actually can say for certain.

OP
OP
Robottrainer

Robottrainer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Robottrainer
You should jump over to the Roush forum on FB. Lots of theories and suggestions but none that actually can say for certain.
Looks like the problem is solved. After metering everything out, pulling fuses, relays, etc. A simple test proved the pump was working all along. For one thing the 2021s at least have to have the engine running for the pump to operate. Pinching the hose between inlet and outlet of the degas tank will cause the coolant in the tank to bubble if the pump is operational.

Sponsored

DF19RS3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Looks like the problem is solved. After metering everything out, pulling fuses, relays, etc. A simple test proved the pump was working all along. For one thing the 2021s at least have to have the engine running for the pump to operate. Pinching the hose between inlet and outlet of the degas tank will cause the coolant in the tank to bubble if the pump is operational.

Yeah good info listed in the Roush forum on FB. It was confusing because of the different answers even from Roush directly. I am just glad the mystery is solved for majority of that were thinking we had issues. Now I am dropping the car off tonight for the CATS to be replaced. Lets hope those are not on back order.

OP
OP
Robottrainer

Robottrainer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Robottrainer
Yeah good info listed in the Roush forum on FB. It was confusing because of the different answers even from Roush directly. I am just glad the mystery is solved for majority of that were thinking we had issues. Now I am dropping the car off tonight for the CATS to be replaced. Lets hope those are not on back order.
Good luck my friend. It would be nice if they figured out what's causing it and fixed it. I just had a buddy get a smaller pulley, injectors and and a tune on his hellcat. Made 785hp at the rear wheels. He made a 10.0 pass on slicks and a 1.5 short time. Still on stock exhaust and no cat issues.
Sponsored