Sponsored

Roush blower install via ase tech

Milktasd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 cobra, 2000 Sonoma LSx, 2021 velocity blue gt
So stupid question, reading the warranty on the roush kit. It says Ford dealer or ase certified tech. Does it matter what ase the certification is? There are a lot of different ones. Engine performance I would assume. Are supposed to get a copy of the certification to send in?
Reason I ask is while I’m waiting on my car to be built and waiting to hear back from the salesman on how the dealer is gonna over charge on the kit and install, I have been seeing how much it would cost for me to buy the kit and get a few buddies who are ase certified to install for me.
If Ford does it, I imagine there would be less head ache with any potential issues under the hood vs if another shop did the work.
Sponsored

brianbr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic GT PP
So stupid question, reading the warranty on the roush kit. It says Ford dealer or ase certified tech. Does it matter what ase the certification is? There are a lot of different ones. Engine performance I would assume. Are supposed to get a copy of the certification to send in?
Reason I ask is while I’m waiting on my car to be built and waiting to hear back from the salesman on how the dealer is gonna over charge on the kit and install, I have been seeing how much it would cost for me to buy the kit and get a few buddies who are ase certified to install for me.
If Ford does it, I imagine there would be less head ache with any potential issues under the hood vs if another shop did the work.
when I called and asked they didn't say the installer needed a specific ASE cert. I told them I have 3 med/heavy truck certs and said that was fine.

OP
OP
Milktasd

Milktasd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
when I called and asked they didn't say the installer needed a specific ASE cert. I told them I have 3 med/heavy truck certs and said that was fine.
That’s stupid and awesome at the same time lol.

brianbr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic GT PP
That’s stupid and awesome at the same time lol.
Yeah. Two of them are basically the same as the automotive ASE's, Electrical and HVAC. The third is diesel engines.

OP
OP
Milktasd

Milktasd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For anybody else that is curious. I just heard back from roush and while they prefer A6- electrical A8 engine performance but they never usually check that far, if they're ASE in any area it will be fine they just want to make sure they arent warrantying the motor for a shade tree operation.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
If they don’t say in the warranty that a certain ASE is needed. then you can get a ASE certification in parts Like the kid at autozone has and your within the warranty guidelines
Sponsored