Sponsored

Roush Active Exhaust

HalfMoon

Brand Agnostic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06/Z07 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Two very different kits, quite frankly I'd be embarrassed to sell that kit based on quality alone. Not to mention you don't get the quad tips, multiple preset positions and infinite custom options.

Seriously ?

They could at least send you one of these with it, what if you want to charge your phone ?
Hey Kyle, I know you want to defend your product and I agree with that fully, but your comments about the competition can be turned around on you too:

Axle Back quad kit: $1034.99
Rear Valance to accept quad tips: $207.99
Active upgrade: ~$1600

So, about $2842.98 + Shipping and any sales/use tax to get sound modification. To be honest I would expect for $1k on an axle back that the valance was included. Hell, this whole setup is about 1/2 the price of a supercharger kit with no appreciable power increase.

I think most people will be fine with on/off and won't really care if they do not have "infinite custom options". To me the key is the right tone when it's uncorked and quiet when it isn't.

Maybe I am missing something here. Is this system like Akrapovic where they make the systems from Titanium and weld it with the tears of unicorns?

If these kits are in fact priced right and sell in the market segment, my hat is off to you guys and I congratulate you.
Sponsored

Kyle@ROUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
It's really about making sure people understand there is a massive difference in the kits. If you're happy with the components in the other kit, that is fine. But that's comparing two very different items. Most quality active systems for many other vehicles break $2k easily. Exhaust is a personal thing, everybody feels differently. My Mustang is my toy and i don't daily drive it. I like my car loud and could care less if somebody feels it's too loud. However not everybody can get away with that or perhaps just doesn't want to be loud all the time.

It's like headers, you can buy the cheapest steel headers available or pay the money for some nice stainless steel coated headers, sure they both do the same thing but there's a huge difference still, you know which is going to fit and perform better overall.

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
actually with the xforce its not just open or closed, you open it as much as you want.

Budnr22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Oxford - Tech Pack
$2800 is a bunch of money for a cat-back, but I may be willing to do it if I could hear it in person or at least a good video.

Current Borla Touring is great, but there are times I want to open it up a bit and let it scream.

Sure would be fun to have a choice.

Also, I am huge fan of the quad tipped look

HalfMoon

Brand Agnostic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06/Z07 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
It's really about making sure people understand there is a massive difference in the kits. If you're happy with the components in the other kit, that is fine. But that's comparing two very different items. Most quality active systems for many other vehicles break $2k easily. Exhaust is a personal thing, everybody feels differently. My Mustang is my toy and i don't daily drive it. I like my car loud and could care less if somebody feels it's too loud. However not everybody can get away with that or perhaps just doesn't want to be loud all the time.

It's like headers, you can buy the cheapest steel headers available or pay the money for some nice stainless steel coated headers, sure they both do the same thing but there's a huge difference still, you know which is going to fit and perform better overall.
Yes, I understand your points, and mentioned it a little myself. Maybe I'm spoiled that Chevy has had active as an upgrade (new mufflers, tips and actuators that work with the programming of the cars) for ~$1000. forever. Heck, even my little VW Golf R had an active system as the default.

Are these other $2k+ active systems you mention axle backs that have a bunch of clamps?

I leave for work when the drunks are letting out of the bars, so I need a system that can be quiet to keep my neighbors happy during sleepy time. This car is my commuter car, so unlike your car I do drive it daily and sometimes I don't want obnoxious drone on my 75 mile each way drive after a long day of dealing with issues.

Here, in the Bay Area cheap steel vs coated really doesn't matter unless you keep the cars 30 years, we get no weather to aid in rusting anything. I've had headers that were Jet-hot coated $3,000 units (but those made 40hp/38tq on back to back dyno sessions to justify the cost) and then used the cheaper uncoated ones on my cars and never had issues other than slight discoloration changes). If your system was not a cut and clamp setup I could agree with this a little more, otherwise you're still dealing with the rest of the system you hook up to being inferior steel.

I was really just hoping your actuators and controller was going to be something more reasonably priced, that way the price including welding to get rid of the clamps would be well under $2k. I know that you guys need to charge a premium on the parts to justify the Stage 2 car price though at +$9500 for an appearance package, so my hopes were really dashed from day one.

Sponsored

JGRoush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Stage 2 Roush Mustang
Fyi...stage 2 does not come with the actuators, just the exhaust. I think my my car sounds decent with all four tips open but honestly the only reason I could justify buying these actuators is just to quiet the car down once I add headers & a h-pipe to it whenever a cop is eye-fu*%ing me or just before getting pulled over...haha

Kyle@ROUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
Yes, I understand your points, and mentioned it a little myself. Maybe I'm spoiled that Chevy has had active as an upgrade (new mufflers, tips and actuators that work with the programming of the cars) for ~$1000. forever. Heck, even my little VW Golf R had an active system as the default.

Are these other $2k+ active systems you mention axle backs that have a bunch of clamps?

I leave for work when the drunks are letting out of the bars, so I need a system that can be quiet to keep my neighbors happy during sleepy time. This car is my commuter car, so unlike your car I do drive it daily and sometimes I don't want obnoxious drone on my 75 mile each way drive after a long day of dealing with issues.

Here, in the Bay Area cheap steel vs coated really doesn't matter unless you keep the cars 30 years, we get no weather to aid in rusting anything. I've had headers that were Jet-hot coated $3,000 units (but those made 40hp/38tq on back to back dyno sessions to justify the cost) and then used the cheaper uncoated ones on my cars and never had issues other than slight discoloration changes). If your system was not a cut and clamp setup I could agree with this a little more, otherwise you're still dealing with the rest of the system you hook up to being inferior steel.

I was really just hoping your actuators and controller was going to be something more reasonably priced, that way the price including welding to get rid of the clamps would be well under $2k. I know that you guys need to charge a premium on the parts to justify the Stage 2 car price though at +$9500 for an appearance package, so my hopes were really dashed from day one.

Everything will be cut and clamp, the exhaust system is basically one piece for 2015 and its stainless right from ford so you're clamping up to good material still.

Novi331

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP/AP
$2800 is a bunch of money for a cat-back, but I may be willing to do it if I could hear it in person or at least a good video.

Current Borla Touring is great, but there are times I want to open it up a bit and let it scream.

Sure would be fun to have a choice.

Also, I am huge fan of the quad tipped look

It's not a cat-back system. You need to buy a resonator delete if you want a cat back system.

clevernickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT, 2016 camaro ss (gfs), 2015 range rover sport, 2013 ford explorer, 2017 WRX
Not sure if this has been answered yet, but how does the sound of the quad tip roush exhaust with the plates out (loudest system) compare to the roush axleback regular dual tip exhaust? Which ones louder? Or are they about the same.

while i'm here, I just realized the rear valance will come unpainted right? so you have to go to a shop to get it painted? can anyone ballpark how much it would cost to paint that bumper? cause now I'm realizing the costs are going to add up

regular roush exhaust around $550
quad tip $1000 + $200 for rear valance. probably double the install price of the normal one. and $300-500 to paint the bumper.

Sponsored

JGRoush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Stage 2 Roush Mustang
Not sure if this has been answered yet, but how does the sound of the quad tip roush exhaust with the plates out (loudest system) compare to the roush axleback regular dual tip exhaust? Which ones louder? Or are they about the same.

while i'm here, I just realized the rear valance will come unpainted right? so you have to go to a shop to get it painted? can anyone ballpark how much it would cost to paint that bumper? cause now I'm realizing the costs are going to add up

regular roush exhaust around $550
quad tip $1000 + $200 for rear valance. probably double the install price of the normal one. and $300-500 to paint the bumper.
The valance is a plastic trim piece, same as the side skirts & the chin splitter so it doesn't need to be painted.

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
Would have considered this for sure. Pretty cool concept, good sounding exhaust too.

Though spending $4K+ (with headers etc) is a bit overkill... Even more for us in Australia. Probably work out to $6K+ with postage and taxes... haha

S550jay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt, 3.55 gears, whipple supercharger
Everything will be cut and clamp, the exhaust system is basically one piece for 2015 and its stainless right from ford so you're clamping up to good material still.
I'm interested in the kit and I really don't care about the price because I know quality comes with a price and I WILL NOT just put anything on my car but first thing first I would like to hear in person how this car sounds I'm local in Michigan not to far from you guys so if you know any dealers that has this or if you guys have this on your car already I would love to hear it in person

clevernickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT, 2016 camaro ss (gfs), 2015 range rover sport, 2013 ford explorer, 2017 WRX
Has no one put the quad tip exhaust on their car yet?

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO