Sponsored

Roush Active Exhaust Issue - Valves Closed Light On

Patmobile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP2
I've got a 2016 GT with Roush Active Exhaust and every now and then it malfunctions. The light on the switch lights up and the valves close on all 4 tips. I cant seem to figure out any rhyme or reason as to when and why it malfunctions, although it seems to happen more in the winter and also when I am driving in sport and track modes.

I usually have to turn the car off and on several times before I can get it to reset and start working.

Anybody having similar issues and know a potential fix?
Sponsored

BirdmanRS3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT ROUSH RS3
Have you found any help? I recently bought a 2015 RS3 and I’m having a similar issue. Today I had it out in track mode and it switched to closed and the light came on by the knob. The only way to get it back into Track was to turn off the car and restart it. Thanks, Terry

Mike K.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
Might call Roush I had that happen to me for awhile and then one of the valves actually completely stopped moving. Roush was actually cool about it and sent me another one free of charge even though I had already had the exhaust for a year or so.

On mine if I shut the car off and restarted it in quiet mode the light would go off. As soon as I went to sport or track it would come on and the valves remained shut even though I could hear it trying to open

. To see which valve it was I did the restart procedure mentioned above and had somebody move the switch while I watched the rear of the car. What I found was that the passenger valve was not opening while the driver side tried and then closed as I assume the computer figured out that the passenger valve was stuck.

Anyways replaced the valve and problem stopped. Mine was also intermittent at first and then permanently stuck in the end
Sponsored