Sponsored

RoadCone : Update!! Whipple GEN-5 CJ

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange PP
Instagram, please follow: Road_Cone_5.0

Well it has been a bit for an update. I finally tossed in the towel w the manual. It’s hard hooking all that power w a clutch and I started going through parts. JPC hooked me up with a TH400 and we have been working from there. Even with an auto 2.48 first and 4.09 it was difficult to get it to not destroy the tires. It’s all the boost and all the hp and tq from the hit. It would get out and strike the tires. So we changed to a much needed 3.55 diff to see if that would help and it has yielded the first 8 second pass. This is on an extremely soft launch and footbrake. I just ordered an MSD 2-step to replace the WOT box, as it don’t play well with the auto. Now for Mod Nats and a glued track to launch off the transbrake and see what this car is really capable of! Predictions are welcome. Here is full coverage of Sunday. Enjoy. Feel free to ask any questions.

Sponsored

BrandonS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium A6
Congrats. Great meeting you Sunday. Car is def putting in work. I see some .50s in the near future with that kind of trap speed.

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 White GT PP, 2022 F350
Awesome. What issues are you having with the WOT box?

Sponsored

OP
OP
RoadCone

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awesome. What issues are you having with the WOT box?
We wired it in and it works, but kicks in at whatever rpm it as set at and won’t let car rev

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We wired it in and it works, but kicks in at whatever rpm it as set at and won’t let car rev
Wire the clutch wire to the TB button hot. Then flip it in the software from inverted signal to regular. Once done, Wot box will ONLY be active while on the Tans button. This is how I did mine. Text me if you need.

Once I fix my motor, I have an idea for rolling rev limit (third step) to build boost at 60 then let off the button and fly.

PC 2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ordered 2019 ruby red pp1 A10 with whipple stage 2
I just orded one. Just trying to follow this. Your saying it only revs to the RPM you have it set at and wont let the car rev higher? Isn't that what's its supposed to do? Sorry just trying to learn and maybe dodge a built on the install.

Thanks
Joe

OP
OP
RoadCone

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wire the clutch wire to the TB button hot. Then flip it in the software from inverted signal to regular. Once done, Wot box will ONLY be active while on the Tans button. This is how I did mine. Text me if you need.

Once I fix my motor, I have an idea for rolling rev limit (third step) to build boost at 60 then let off the button and fly.
Too late, MSD showed up today and is easier to use. Going to use the negative ground relay we wired for it and clutch pedal for the reverse lights and camera now.

Sponsored

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just orded one. Just trying to follow this. Your saying it only revs to the RPM you have it set at and wont let the car rev higher? Isn't that what's its supposed to do? Sorry just trying to learn and maybe dodge a built on the install.

Thanks
Joe
Depends on your set up. It is originally designed for a clutch car. Clutch being the activation input to hold rpm. Once signal goes away car revs as normal. Our setups are outside the "norm".

OP
OP
RoadCone

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Thanks
Joe

Yes. But mine was a stick and we changed it to an auto, so it is a little more complicated.

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too late, MSD showed up today and is easier to use. Going to use the negative ground relay we wired for it and clutch pedal for the reverse lights and camera now.
Haha, that will work also. I like the clutch pedal idea tho. May steal that. Im still trying to figure out how to disable the parking sensor BEEPING bc of the chute.

PC 2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ordered 2019 ruby red pp1 A10 with whipple stage 2
Yes. But mine was a stick and we changed it to an auto, so it is a little more complicated.
Dude I know what you got haha I think everyone does in the mustang world unless you dont use social media. I follow your build. Badass ride. So I have a 19 whipple A10 car. I just want the cluch signal on the break keep it simple. For consistency and so I dont loose RPM.

I'm sure with traction and a hard launch you'll be a very very low 8.

OP
OP
RoadCone

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Haha, that will work also. I like the clutch pedal idea tho. May steal that. Im still trying to figure out how to disable the parking sensor BEEPING bc of the chute.
Street car problems!!! Ha ha ha

yeah no computer needed to change launch rpm will be nice too.
Sponsored