Sponsored

Road rage incident

kart3l

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Mustang Ecoboost PP
I've learned to always de-escalate and diffuse the situation. Be the good guy. One time, I woke up to my car with several baseball bat dents on the hood, and on the side of the hood where it meets the fender. The guy whom I got into an argument with must've came back later at night after I parked and assaulted my car. So I had to get the hood and the fender repainted/repaired. Not worth it.

And, some people carry guns. Remember that Floridian dudes who shot through their own windshields, LOL.
Sponsored

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
^ yeah it was uncalled for. Truck driver didnā€™t cut him off or anything. I guess the driver of the car was having one of those idiotic episodes.
I have a friend in the construction business as I am. His son in law was moving an excavator to a jobsite in another larger city. A lady rode his blind spot on the passenger side for several miles. He seen her come along but after several miles he could not find her. He needed to get over and signalled his blinker for several hundred feet to warn others or her if she were to still be there. No sign of her so he merges over. Shes there waiting, makes contact. They pull over, her lawyer is on the phone with the construction company before the driver can even call and report it himself. Come to find out this is like the 5th time this exact same thing had happened to the woman and she got 50k each time. Eye witnesses stayed on scene but insurance is only worried about moving on and WE get to absorb their decisions. Such a bunch of racket. TWO of my dump trucks cost me 20k a year in insurance. All drivers have perfect records, company has ZERO claims.

kart3l

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Mustang Ecoboost PP
I have a friend in the construction business as I am. His son in law was moving an excavator to a jobsite in another larger city. A lady rode his blind spot on the passenger side for several miles. He seen her come along but after several miles he could not find her. He needed to get over and signalled his blinker for several hundred feet to warn others or her if she were to still be there. No sign of her so he merges over. Shes there waiting, makes contact. They pull over, her lawyer is on the phone with the construction company before the driver can even call and report it himself. Come to find out this is like the 5th time this exact same thing had happened to the woman and she got 50k each time. Eye witnesses stayed on scene but insurance is only worried about moving on and WE get to absorb their decisions. Such a bunch of racket. TWO of my dump trucks cost me 20k a year in insurance. All drivers have perfect records, company has ZERO claims.
This is her 5th time? Wow.

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
This is her 5th time? Wow.
I believe it was her 5th. I dont exactly recall, but it had happened several times before. And as long as she keeps getting quick payouts from commercial insurance companies, im sure it wont be her last. She has figured a way to work the system and they are playing her game

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
How do we not have blind spot sensors on heavy vehicles? Or at least an interlock that blasts the horn at HIGH volume 9n the side that the flasher is indicating? Or maybe a paintball cannon on a swivel?

Driving a rig might beore entertaining that way.
/Jk

Sponsored

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
When I was driving today someone got in front of me and then break checked the big rig on the next lane. I find this very entertaining because once that big truck hits you youā€™re toast :) and then of course Iā€™m toast :giggle: Not so funny hehe

FE8A2220-8288-488C-9ADF-F1E464595E69.gif
I've learned to always de-escalate and diffuse the situation. Be the good guy. One time, I woke up to my car with several baseball bat dents on the hood, and on the side of the hood where it meets the fender. The guy whom I got into an argument with must've came back later at night after I parked and assaulted my car. So I had to get the hood and the fender repainted/repaired. Not worth it.

And, some people carry guns. Remember that Floridian dudes who shot through their own windshields, LOL.
Yup, def always taking the high road (no pun intended). And dual dash cam with parking mode for the win, too. People be hella dumb out there.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
^ yeah it was uncalled for. Truck driver didnā€™t cut him off or anything. I guess the driver of the car was having one of those idiotic episodes.
Don't know why, but in general, the worst drivers are older Altimas (in the picture), riced up Impalas or old Ram trucks. I drive defensively, but when those vehicles pull up behind me or are near, I am on extreme alert mode.
Oh and coincidentally those are generally the idiots that don't turn off their brights. Drives me f*cking crazy. Glare for days.

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Don't know why, but in general, the worst drivers are older Altimas (in the picture), riced up Impalas or old Ram trucks. I drive defensively, but when those vehicles pull up behind me or are near, I am on extreme alert mode.
Oh and coincidentally those are generally the idiots that don't turn off their brights. Drives me f*cking crazy. Glare for days.
Yep Nissan altimas are the worse for some weird reason. Always speeding and following too close.

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
Yet, an easy train/car/bus ride to Indiana only 15 miles away and you can circumvent the best intentions.
I'm a lifelong NRA member, but believe in Universal background checks, even for private sales which do not require a background check. Makes it too easy for the criminal element. I've bought and sold many guns, and will continue to do so, but legally and only to those I know (gun clubs, friends, family). When VA went to FFL clearance it made the sales a hassle, but is worth it.

Living on and trusting in best intentions is a sure way to be a victim..... Criminals never have or will care about the law. I don't want to live in a society where the only ones armed are the criminals or the state.

But going back to the OT, road rage is a 2 way street, and it is always best to swallow your pride, get over yourself and de-escalate. Brandishing a weapon is absolutely the dumbest thing you can do.

Between my Porsche, Bullitt, and motorcycles, I deal with idiot aggressive nonsense all the time. Being marooned in SC for the last year, the 'bros' in their trucks are also irritating when in my Truck. It is what it is. fact is, you never know what another person is going through. Act and respond with dignity and respect, and most situations resolve themselves.

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Yep Nissan altimas are the worse for some weird reason. Always speeding and following too close.
In and around the NCR, I find it is the Hundai's and Kia's, and BMW's that have the highest level of idiocracy.........

Sponsored

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
And what exactly is wrong with that? Having a gap, for some clown-like. OH, I do not know who? That would, could not, and unable to make that maneuver in the first place.

Presents a disaster just waiting for some simple-minded idiot, to jump the gun, and take out some good folks.

So to that clown, I say that is a safer way for a crowd of bikes. To move down the road. They pay and own as much of that asphalt as you do........ wait your turn like everyone else.

Sometimes ass holes get what they rightfully deserve. Drivers crowd bikers all the time. See these jerkoffs tailgate 2 up riders, rain or shine.

They're mad for a few reasons, the guy has the balls to ride, IS not putting up with traffic jams, and is most likely just a plain happier person.

I was the 30 years I road, Helmet protest, 100s of bikes and all.
40+ years riding, and over 300K miles. Always helmeted and proper gear. Cross the country several times, rarely on the Super Slab, and currently planning a ride up the East Coast to NoviScotia, then across Canada, up to the Arctic Circle and down the West Coast to the tip of Brazil. Looking at taking 4-5 months right after I retire.

I don't ride in large groups generally, maybe 5-6 max, when in larger groups, whenever we are on 2 lane roads, we leave gaps between each group of 10. Why? Courtesy for people who need to exit turn, etc. Rarely had an issue. Too many times when on a bike or in a cage, I come across large groups of jackalopes on 2 wheels who feel entitled to put themselves and everyone else at risk.

I also hate it when these numbchucks ride their fat slow Hardley Abelson noise makers SLOW in the twisties, and show no courtesy for fellow riders who's skills and motorcycles allow more than their snails pace through the turns. Not all, many are cool, and will signal to let you pass, and forward bikes create a gap to let you in, but too many times these groups ride as if they own the road and show little care for anyone else. Same for the young guns on their crotch rockets who clog the highways, bock traffic and do all kinds of stupid stuff.

There is though a larger brotherhood of riders who show courtesy, ride with common sense and comradery.

It is all about courtesy.

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
look, im a motorcycle rider, I dont like people riding my butt while in a car or bike, but like, what? I would never throw something to cause them harm. honestly thats ridiculous and imo theres really not much worry to someone riding my ass, I just make sure I tap the break a little sooner than I would to slow down, or gently touch it to get them to be alerted.

it doesnt honestly bother me because I dont ride anyone myself, so I dont really ever need to panic stop, most people, will just go around eventually. as a motorcycle, we have more avenues of safety we can use to get out of harms way, we can filter between cars, or get onto a shoulder. if I see a pile up, you can go between or around people quickly, veer off.

its not like a car, where you smash break because you have no runway for exit imo. just got to be cautious of possible debris on the shoulder that you normally wouldn't concern yourself over with a car.

I have more issues of motorcycles coming into my lanes more than anything, ive had riders literally get butt to nutt on me, or dont yield to me or try to hang w me for no reason. I dont want a random rider that im not used too, trying to share my lane side by side, I always slow down to let them go away but sometimes they just try to stick w me to look cool ro something. idk.

its tedious though. I really dont like riding with people I dont know, because not everyone knows how to ride with other riders. even when I did used to do group rides, the new people always stood at back because they did dumb decisions/not very good at maneuvering around others.

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
40 years of riding. For almost 20 years of that I commuted 140 miles a day 5 days a week, rain or shine.

So, yeah - at least a million miles. Accident and ticket free miles at that.
I mostly Daily as well, only have a bit over 300K. Commuted in Northern Virginia to the Pentagon the last few years. Not too bad, but I grew up in the NYC area, so defensive riding skills are muscle memory.

I've never been tail gated on any bike, a Honda touring, a v twin, or a crotch rocket. They may get close while at a stop light/sign , but not while moving .
Something tells me, a person's actions of someone else's property damage was why someone was on that person's 6 tight.
Just a hunch.
Agreed.
Sponsored