Sponsored

Road Course Guys I need Advice

dlct3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
2018 PP car for road course. Factory wheels and Tires weigh 60lbs up front and 64 in the rear and of course the standard factory 19" widths on Michelin 4S. I'm considering a set of forged 19x10.5 fronts weighing 20lbs each and rears 19x11's same weight of 20lbs each plus a set of Michelin Sport Cup 2's for on track and some road use. Those in a 305/30-19 weight 26lbs so I figure with wheel weights & sensors mounted approx. 47lbs +/- Saving around 13lbs each corner up front and 17lbs out back. The car has upgraded brake pads, stainless lines, springs, suspension, semi-track alignment fluid, etc for handling.

My big question. On a 2.07 lap time around a road course how much is this added braking, acceleration, & grip worth in time?
Sponsored

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
The tire compound change will be your cause of any reduced lap time out of the gate. Next will be from the better suited brake pads. Which will allow later braking and faster exit speed. the S.S. lines will reduce the soft brake feel/fade giving you more confidence into the turn. and the lighter wheels will give you less unsprung weight which for a HPDE will not help as much as you would like to believe. Just my two cents.
Sponsored