Sponsored

Road and Track Article on the PP2 - It's not a track car

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
1st post, gotta start somewhere. question: any one know how much the magneride costs to maintain or how much more over regular struts etc it costs to replace/repair, more long term? trying to decide on this if/when i eventually order/buy a GT. if there is another thread where this is mentioned pls send me there. i couldnt find anything with search.
Magnetic controlled shocks and struts don't have valves and therefore don't need to be rebuilt. THEORETICALLY...they should last the "life" of the car. The can still leak though. There are some guys who have put over 100,000 miles on their CTS-V's with MSRC without having to replace a shock or strut and the system still works correctly.
Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
correct^

But again, comp tires last how long? Buying a second set of wheels and tires is going to happen regardless, not really an added cost.
Not necessarily, comp tires will last typically about 3000+ miles. That's no reason to be *forced* to buy a second set of wheels and tires. But even at that, buying some cheap 19x8s for "DD purposes" or whatever is MUCH cheaper than buying 19x11 wheels and 305 MPSC2s

There are plenty of GT350R owners who drive their car on more days than Sunday. Maybe saving the pussy for the next guy is your thing but it's not everyone's.
It's not about "saving pussy", otherwise I wouldn't track my car. It's that you have to be retarded to think that a good daily will be one with bone jarring suspension, RWD, makes 17MPG, and has tires that last about 3000 miles, cost $1600 to replace, and are absolutely awful in rain or cold weather.

Mustang GTs are sunday drivers/track cars. If you buy one to daily it, then you need to re-evaluate your decision making ability

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
The Aventador SV set a new record
Mustang GTs are sunday drivers/track cars. If you buy one to daily it, then you need to re-evaluate your decision making ability
You can daily a stock/modded GT no problem. As Lee Iacocca said "drive home from work on friday, to the drag races on saturday, then church on sunday."

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Can you? Sure
Should you? No
Is it smart to? No

It was okay for daily use back in 1962 when Iacocca said that. Nowadays, there are much better options on the market, and you'd be an idiot to think it's a good daily just because some dude said so 50+ years ago

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Also, the reason he said that is because when the market study was done to determine what kind of car should be built, "The data included demographics regarding...the fact that there would be and increase in 2 car families". Iacocca knew that americans generally would have their daily driver along with a "weekend car", and didn't want Europeans conquering that market. So no, the mustang was never necessarily intended to be a daily driver

Sponsored

Kep4

Jaeger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT PP1
Can you? Sure
Should you? No
Is it smart to? No

It was okay for daily use back in 1962 when Iacocca said that. Nowadays, there are much better options on the market, and you'd be an idiot to think it's a good daily just because some dude said so 50+ years ago
Quite arrogant (and hilarious) to think you know what every body else should be driving. BTW, the Mustang was introduced in April 1964.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
and you'd be an idiot to think it's a good daily just because some dude said so 50+ years ago
Then paint me an Idiot cause mines been an awesome DD. Pretty good in the winter too.
28162003_1626058427489116_6246265831667876867_o.jpg

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Not necessarily, comp tires will last typically about 3000+ miles. That's no reason to be *forced* to buy a second set of wheels and tires. But even at that, buying some cheap 19x8s for "DD purposes" or whatever is MUCH cheaper than buying 19x11 wheels and 305 MPSC2s

It's not about "saving pussy", otherwise I wouldn't track my car. It's that you have to be retarded to think that a good daily will be one with bone jarring suspension, RWD, makes 17MPG, and has tires that last about 3000 miles, cost $1600 to replace, and are absolutely awful in rain or cold weather.

Guess I'm retarded. I'm good with that decision. You are un fucking believable. A judgmental cunt. And an arrogant asshole.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Quite arrogant (and hilarious) to think you know what every body else should be driving. BTW, the Mustang was introduced in April 1964.
It's quite easy to know what anyone should be driving for a specific purpose. If they're driving it on a daily basis, it's quite easy to understand why something with good fuel efficiency, comfortable amenities, and low maintenance cost is the smart choice. BTW, no shit, but that doesn't mean that quote was from 1964. It was said during the conception of the mustang.

Then paint me an Idiot cause mines been an awesome DD. Pretty good in the winter too.
I'm sorry to hear that you've never had a good daily

Guess I'm retarded. I'm good with that decision. You are un fucking believable. A judgmental cunt. And an arrogant asshole.
Hey, you said it, not me. I may be judgemental and arrogant, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong. and judging by your reaction, I'd wager you feel the same[/QUOTE]

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

It's that you have to be retarded to think that a good daily will be one with bone jarring suspension, RWD, makes 17MPG, and has tires that last about 3000 miles, cost $1600 to replace, and are absolutely awful in rain or cold weather.

I thought the point of Magneride was programmable suspension. Now you are saying that is "bone jarring" ? Mustang GT's can run on A/S or winter tires as the weather changes. Track tires are not mandatory.

Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I thought the point of Magneride was programmable suspension. Now you are saying that is "bone jarring" ? Mustang GT's can run on A/S or winter tires as the weather changes. Track tires are not mandatory.
Programmable damping, not suspension. It's still going to have high spring rates. and yes, they can run on A/S tires, but that only fixes one of many problems that makes it an awful daily

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Programmable damping, not suspension. It's still going to have high spring rates. and yes, they can run on A/S tires, but that only fixes one of many problems that makes it an awful daily
my car is very comfortable. Granted, its not the Performance Pack suspension. What else is there? RWD, and MPG ? Trucks are very popular, at least around here in Texas, with RWD and low MPG. Most of which are daily drivers, office commuters and grocery getters.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
RWD, MPG, cost of maintenance, etc. I also think trucks are awful daily drivers, but they're a hell of a lot better than a mustang (especially if they're a V6 AWD crew cab)

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
I'm not sure why anyone would say a Magneride equipped Mustang would be too rough for daily driving. Even with 30 series tires, in normal mode, the ride is not rough at all. Will I daily drive mine? Probably not since I've got five other vehicles and I will only drive 4-wheel drive in snowy conditions, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't if the other choices didn't exist. And, I would be quite content with it as a daily driver. A guy at work daily drives his 2016 PP manual come rain, snow, or shine 70 miles round trip. Sure he has a set of winter tires and a set of summer tires. And, the other vehicle in his garage is an Expedition. So, it's not like he doesn't have other choices. Claiming the Mustang cannot be a daily driver is being a bit shortsighted to me.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry Jake, but I'm also going to put you solidly in the "Wrong" column. This thing is a great DD. Not everyone has the same priorities for a daily driver. My car is fast, somewhat loud, handles fantastic, is firm but not harsh, is well-appointed albeit far from a luxury car in terms of tech, and most importantly gives me a sh!t-eating grin every time I get into it going to or leaving work. My commute is 12 miles round trip. It gets about 15-16 mpg the way I drive it. Smiles per gallon is incredibly strong, though. Oh and it holds nearly everything I need to except large boxes and furniture. Groceries, luggage...stuff like that all easy.

Oh and it's done great in the last 3 winters with Blizzaks on (although it won't see another).
Sponsored