Revology 1968 Mustang

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Pretty cool. I’ve seen a couple videos on their cars. Anybody here have one or been to their shop in FL?

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Am I the only one that he(not Leno) came off like a used car salesman. He was checking everything he said. He doesn’t help with the presentation of the car at all in my opinion.

OP
OP
MAGS1

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Am I the only one that he(not Leno) came off like a used car salesman. He was checking everything he said. He doesn’t help with the presentation of the car at all in my opinion.
I got that same vibe. Most of the guests that Jay has are pretty good but every once in a while there’s guys like that. I started tuning him out after a while and just focused on the car. His company does do some great work it appears.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
I won’t express my opinion on what they produce. But for 275k plus. Start with this, and everything else is actually pretty simple. Now restoring an original, whole other level of skills. These bodies are spot on in quality. When these came out years ago I did a couple for a good client/friend at the time. If my 69 wasnt clean, I’d buy another in a heartbeat.

https://dynacornclassicbodies.com/ford-mustang/

I got that same vibe. Most of the guests that Jay has are pretty good but every once in a while there’s guys like that. I started tuning him out after a while and just focused on the car. His company does do some great work it appears.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
He was definitely on the show to promote his product. I actually liked what he had to say. If you drive a classic Mustang and compare it to a modern car, a lot of what he said makes sense and is very desirable.

Things like latches, seals and hinges, steering, suspension - general body structure and stiffness. Classic Mustangs are severly lacking. Brand new components are only designed to last a year or two of light driving before significant maintenance is needed. My opinion is that old cars are a real pain to maintain and keep on the road.

I won’t express my opinion on what they produce. But for 275k plus. Start with this, and everything else is actually pretty simple. Now restoring an original, whole other level of skills. These bodies are spot on in quality. When these came out years ago I did a couple for a good client/friend at the time. If my 69 wasnt clean, I’d buy another in a heartbeat.

https://dynacornclassicbodies.com/ford-mustang/
Since you own a '69, you know what I'm talking about. The creaking you get in the upper A arms in the front suspension. The way the steering gear gets loose constantly and needs work. I could go on.

And as a person who has customized vehicles over and over in the past 40 years, I think properly integrating modern and classic systems is not easy. Maybe it's easy for some people, but I'd bet 99% of people who try to do it themselves won't be happy with the end result.

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
There’s a lot of truth to many being over their heads when they take on a project with a classic car. The flip side is companies like Revology. Those aren’t classic cars, not in my opinion atleast. That’s ok to. He wasn’t wrong about the new and old comments, but I think that’s just stating the obvious that just about everybody knows. I don’t begrudge him or his company on what they produce. Think the 300kish price is ridiculous but that’s for someone else to determine with their own budget. I’d be willing to bet after his appearance on Leno’s show there’s been some coaching put in place for him. Or I would hope so. My own is sitting on stands. I haven’t fully decided how far to go. I really don’t want to cut the car up a whole lot. I’ve actually been toying with doing it more to the original side and buying another dyna body to do a full tilt build. I have a coyote(mustang)manual combo sitting on a pallet just haven’t convinced myself it belongs in the 69 I have as opposed to the clevleand that’s in it. Not in love with the cleveland either, much more partial to an injected stroker windsor/manual. First world problems for sure.

He was definitely on the show to promote his product. I actually liked what he had to say. If you drive a classic Mustang and compare it to a modern car, a lot of what he said makes sense and is very desirable.

Things like latches, seals and hinges, steering, suspension - general body structure and stiffness. Classic Mustangs are severly lacking. Brand new components are only designed to last a year or two of light driving before significant maintenance is needed. My opinion is that old cars are a real pain to maintain and keep on the road.

Since you own a '69, you know what I'm talking about. The creaking you get in the upper A arms in the front suspension. The way the steering gear gets loose constantly and needs work. I could go on.

And as a person who has customized vehicles over and over in the past 40 years, I think properly integrating modern and classic systems is not easy. Maybe it's easy for some people, but I'd bet 99% of people who try to do it themselves won't be happy with the end result.

OP
OP
MAGS1

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Their model is interesting for sure. They’re basically fabricating a new car, just in 1965-1968 style. Sounds like they will use a donor car every now and then but it’s not their preferred method. So they are building a new car from scratch so to speak. Is it worth the price tag? Probably not to me but it is cool what they’re doing. Shoving the Gen 3 coyote in there can’t be easy, same goes for the A10 trans. Obviously much larger components than the original car was designed to hold. And they’re throwing the Roush blower in on top of it.

I’m not big on guys that go on Leno’s program and just sales pitch the whole time (at least in a way that comes off as used car salesman, they’re all pitching their products to some extent which I understand and can appreciate). And yeah, Jay can get mixed up on his facts sometimes, it happens. Correcting every single thing seems overkill to me but the guy obviously wants ALL the facts right LOL.

I am glad there’s still companies like Revology out there doing this stuff, keeping the classics alive in some way shape or form.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
There’s a lot of truth to many being over their heads when they take on a project with a classic car. The flip side is companies like Revology. Those aren’t classic cars, not in my opinion atleast.
It's a custom with a classic body. I wouldn't argue with you on this point at all.

That’s ok to. He wasn’t wrong about the new and old comments, but I think that’s just stating the obvious that just about everybody knows. I don’t begrudge him or his company on what they produce. Think the 300kish price is ridiculous but that’s for someone else to determine with their own budget.
I would rather live with a modern production vehicle with its quirks and pay ~$30K. The cars they produce must be pretty great since it seems like they are very busy. Maybe someone could compete with them and make just as good a product for less. That person would probably get as much business as they could handle.

My own is sitting on stands. I haven’t fully decided how far to go. I really don’t want to cut the car up a whole lot. I’ve actually been toying with doing it more to the original side and buying another dyna body to do a full tilt build.
I'm jealous that you can buy a new full body. For a convertible the options are more along the lines of do it yourself assembly of the sheet metal and some sheet metal just isn't available new.

It depends on the car. Many classics with low miles and a desirable VIN - all the value is in numbers matching and all stock. My 70 convertible has a garbage 250 straight 6 VIN, so I'm not worried about making changes. It's definitely a very personal decision, though. I laugh at myself because I tend to want to turn everything into a race car. I'm trying to avoid that with the convertible. I just want it to drive down the road well and not need constant maintenance.

I have a coyote(mustang)manual combo sitting on a pallet just haven’t convinced myself it belongs in the 69 I have as opposed to the clevleand that’s in it. Not in love with the cleveland either, much more partial to an injected stroker windsor/manual. First world problems for sure.
I can relate as I'm mid-process and still torn about whether I really want to delete the shock towers or not.

I have a stroker Cleveland that will be EFI for my convertible. I hate carbs. At least points there are easy ways to get rid of them, but to me EFI is a necessary evil in a way. It's not as good looking as a carbureted engine, but functionally it's by far superior because it self-adjusts and tolerates temperature variations.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
You hit the nail on the head. Removing the shock towers is where I’m mostly stuck. I’ve driven a couple that kept them but had the upgrades along the lines of what ride-tech does, even with the original steering setups. They drove very well. Completely agree on the efi and look of older carbed motors to. Blueprint has some very nice setups that are drop in. There aesthetically plasing as well.

And to your vert. As much as I like the fastbacks I‘d love to have a convertible. Reality is for me these cars will never be at a performance level I’m acustomed to so a very nice balance of driveability and style is where I’d prefer to be.

I can relate as I'm mid-process and still torn about whether I really want to delete the shock towers or not.

I have a stroker Cleveland that will be EFI for my convertible. I hate carbs. At least points there are easy ways to get rid of them, but to me EFI is a necessary evil in a way. It's not as good looking as a carbureted engine, but functionally it's by far superior because it self-adjusts and tolerates temperature variations.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Hmm. Instead of hunting for the right '70 Mach 1 (which have gone beyond the realm of sanity in price even for a questionable one), I'd be way ahead buying one of these bodies and build what I want....

Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Their model is interesting for sure. They’re basically fabricating a new car, just in 1965-1968 style.
Not basically, that's exactly what they're doing.

Sounds like they will use a donor car every now and then but it’s not their preferred method. So they are building a new car from scratch so to speak.
I haven't seen the Leno episode yet, but I've been a fan of these guys for quite some time now, and I do not believe they will restore/donor an old car. It's like you said, their production is brand new. They are a brand new car manufacturer.

Is it worth the price tag? Probably not to me but it is cool what they’re doing. Shoving the Gen 3 coyote in there can’t be easy, same goes for the A10 trans. Obviously much larger components than the original car was designed to hold. And they’re throwing the Roush blower in on top of it.

I am glad there’s still companies like Revology out there doing this stuff, keeping the classics alive in some way shape or form.
Like most of us, waaayyy out of my budget and always will be, but I love 'em. Love the whole idea. Some styling things I'd do different if I had one, but like Charlie said...1st world problems, lol.