Rev match and moneyshift...

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
OK I know I am opening myself up to ridicule here, but that said...

Is there an official word on how rev matching handles the "moneyshift"? I am very curious if I accidentally slipped it a gear too low if rev match would just go to redline and no higher (this is what I imagine it does). Does anyone know how this would function officially?

I am new to the stick shift. One time I meant to go from 6-4 and accidentally went 6-2, revs shot up to about 6k, but I never released the clutch because I immediately noticed something was not right.
Sponsored

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Rev match would not be programmed to override the rev limiter. It’s probably effective to just before redline and programmed to deactivate if it calculates RPM would exceed the rev limiter on a downshift.

smoke_wagon_6g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT
If you let out the clutch in first at some speed above 40-50 mph (varies by rear end ratio) the mechanical multiplication will drive engine speed to what it must be for the wheel speed multiplied by rear gear and first gear. If that is over redline then it's over redline.

If the engine had a fuel cut, had no fuel, or was turned off it wouldn't matter very much.

So the rev match wouldn't, actually couldn't, rev you over redline, but the engine will spin up there anyway. Sayonara.

No ridicule for asking, just for over-revving your Coyote.
Sponsored