Sponsored

Return to stock for Paxton 2200SL 2015 Mustang GT

Deleted member 32090

Hey guys,
I will be pulling my Paxton 2200SL kit off my car before I trade it in. Absolutely I thing wrong with it, just going in a different direction and I haven’t found much information on what is required to return it back to stock Does anyone know where I step by step guide is located or what OEM parts will be needed to convert it back? Thanks in advance
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Did you save the stock intake tube? Did you go to a different intake manifold when you installed the blower? Did you change any of the exhaust? Obviously you’ll need to go back to the stock tune. Hopefully you have that on whatever tuning device you used?

Last edited:

asylum938

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT
I did this a few years ago when I sold my 2016 Paxton car to build my 2018 Hellion Car.

some things off the top of my head.

-PCV lines from valve covers to intake need to re replaced (you cut the stock ones up for the paxton kit)

- the main coolant line from the radiator to the thermostat housing.
- the little coolant line on driver side of radiator to the coolant bottle.
-the medium size coolant line from the top of the block to the coolant bottle.
-Radiator fan needs to be replaced - you cut the top of the mounting tab for the coolant bottle to make room for the blower.
-the aspirator valve that the brake booster line attaches to might need replaced unless you somehow saved that one plastic line that came off the bottom.
- fuel injectors need to be changed.
- if you used the oem paxton kit and not an Tuner kit, make sure you replace the spacers on the intake manifold and fuel rail - Paxton supplies you with shorter spacers for their shorter fuel injectors.
- obviously you will need the factory airbox and associated parts (dont forget to take the MAF out of the paxton tube and put it back in the factory intake)
- Paxton supplies a spacer between the intake tube and manifold, this make sure you remove this spacer or your factory intake tube wont fit.

im sure there are some small pieces im missing, the best way to do this would be to call Paxton and request the install directions if you dont have them anymore. and go back through and check every part you have to remove or modify and then just make a parts list from ford.

I think it cost me about $200ish to get all the small parts i needed to go back to stock.
Sponsored