Resonators! OMG

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
I've been running BBK LTHs, BBK X-pipe, and Roush axlebacks for about the last year and had many people say the exhaust sounded great or the exhaust had a bark or growl to it that they liked. But along with this statement, they also would say they can hear me from such a long distance away. To me, this wasn't a good thing...

Yesterday I finally got some resonators welded in after the X-pipe and man did it help out. First off, the raspiness and harsh tones are pretty much gone. Second, it quieted down(or should I say cancelled out) the exhaust to a manageable volume. The cold starts are actually livable now where as before I had to tell people sorry or to hold their ears. Before, I couldn't even have a conversation with someone in the car unless we yelled at each other. Now, you can talk at a normal volume.

Resonators FTW! If you are in a similar boat after putting on LTHs, give resonators a try. Put them after the X-pipe or H-pipe.
Sponsored

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
They make a big difference in tone!

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I've been running BBK LTHs, BBK X-pipe, and Roush axlebacks for about the last year and had many people say the exhaust sounded great or the exhaust had a bark or growl to it that they liked. But along with this statement, they also would say they can hear me from such a long distance away. To me, this wasn't a good thing...

Yesterday I finally got some resonators welded in after the X-pipe and man did it help out. First off, the raspiness and harsh tones are pretty much gone. Second, it quieted down(or should I say cancelled out) the exhaust to a manageable volume. The cold starts are actually livable now where as before I had to tell people sorry or to hold their ears. Before, I couldn't even have a conversation with someone in the car unless we yelled at each other. Now, you can talk at a normal volume.

Resonators FTW! If you are in a similar boat after putting on LTHs, give resonators a try. Put them after the X-pipe or H-pipe.
Did you go with the shorter Vibrant ones? About to buy a pair off Amazon very soon and have them put in.

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Orange Fury
They sure can do wonders with the exhaust after going catless.

OP
OP

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Did you go with the shorter Vibrant ones? About to buy a pair off Amazon very soon and have them put in.
The 12 inch one I believe

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Reactions: Ebm

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic

Ryan_s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2013 GMC Sierra, 2015 Maserati Ghibli
The Vibrant 1794 is 3" in/out and 12" long. Fits nicely right in front of the mufflers. Going on my ARH catted to Corsa Extreme setup in that spot.
I'll check those out as well

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
I used 12'' Vibrant resonators on my '05 blown/stroked 3 valve with longtubes, off road h-pipe and corsa axleback. They made a huge difference.

Sponsored

Humphammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2015 Limited Edition 50th Year

I purchased a pair of Vibrant 12 inch resonators and took them to a muffler shop to be installed. They would not fit anywhere in my set-up and I had to send them back. I have a 2015 GT with a lethal performance H pipe and Ford Racing axle-backs. They were too fat to go into the exhaust tunnel side by side after my H pipe. BTW Autoplicity was the cheapest place I found to buy them by around $10 each.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Had my Vibrant Resonators added to the section just behind the mufflers. This setup has eliminated the rasp. I need to break in the resonators a bit still. Very pleased and highly recommend this for people with long tube headers both catted and catless. This sound is so amazing through the Corsa Sport with resonators added.
1300685136.png

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Had my Vibrant Resonators added to the section just behind the mufflers. This setup has eliminated the rasp. I need to break in the resonators a bit still. Very pleased and highly recommend this for people with long tube headers both catted and catless. This sound is so amazing through the Corsa Sport with resonators added.
1300685136.png
Video!

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Agreed curious how they sound on the sport with LTH vs Extreme (mine are ordered and TIG weld appointment scheduled)

OP
OP

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

Glad you like. I'm with Bmac though, we need a video of that sweet music!
Sponsored