Resonator Suggestions?

CBass2288

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sebastian
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Hey guys, currently I'm running Corsa headers (catless) with the Corsa Xtreme. I love the sound but the volume is a little much to daily drive and there's a CRAZY rasp between 2200-3000. I'm looking for suggestions of what resonators to add that will minimize the rasp but not kill the tone and still keep it pretty loud but slightly less. I know a popular setup is the Vibrant 1794s; can anyone vouch for those and their experience with them? Also, where is the best place to weld them in at?
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
@AZ18yote did this. They get welded in the straight portion right before the muffler entrance.

You're better off swapping/trading for the touring axleback from the sport catback if you can. It'll do an even better job than the Vibrants.

Devil5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Id recommend the Magnflow Tru X resonated x pipe. I just installed it 3 days ago because my setup with the whipple, mak cat deletes, resonator delete x pipe and roush axle backs was about as close as you could get to being an F1 nascar level loud being heard from half a mile down the freeway. It cut the volume of the car down by about 40%, which was honestly a ton. But it got rid of 100% of the rasp on my setup. Cruising in drive the car sounds almost stock, but the second i slap the car in sport and floor it, its almost as loud as my previous setup. Best of both worlds. I do miss being a douche and driving a fighter jet on city streets but with these bullshit ass laws in cali, i can enjoy driving the car now without being worried every second im gonna get a fat ticket

OP
OP
CBass2288

CBass2288

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sebastian
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
I really like the sound of Corsa’s double helix x pipe that I have on the car now and would really prefer to keep it if possible. I’m also in California, scared outta my shoes about getting pulled over haha. Do you have any vids of before and after you could PM me? Would be greatly appreciated!

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I really like the sound of Corsa’s double helix x pipe that I have on the car now and would really prefer to keep it if possible. I’m also in California, scared outta my shoes about getting pulled over haha. Do you have any vids of before and after you could PM me? Would be greatly appreciated!
I've had the xtreme axleback with the MF resonated X pipe. It kills all the tone too much.

Do this, or swap for the touring axleback.
Vibrants.jpg

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
The Vibrants toned down the ARH to Xtreme setup I had. Brought the volume down some, refined the rasp a bit too. Pic above was what I used for the basis of my install.

Helios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen3 Coyote
Magnaflow TRU-X, is about your only choice. Any other h-pipe or x-pipe can only make it louder imo.
Last call is to change your axle-back for something else if its still not to your taste.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Magnaflow TRU-X, is about your only choice. Any other h-pipe or x-pipe can only make it louder imo.
Last call is to change your axle-back for something else if its still not to your taste.
Every review I have read on the tru x is that it neutered the sound completely and if op doesn't want to kill the tone its probably not the best fit for the setup.

OP
OP
CBass2288

CBass2288

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sebastian
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Every review I have read on the tru x is that it neutered the sound completely and if op doesn't want to kill the tone its probably not the best fit for the setup.
Exactly, I'm not trying to kill the tone, I'm just trying to lower the volume and get rid of the crazy loud rasp between 2200-3000 RPM.

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
I just put the vibrants onto my setup and killed the rasp in the rpm range you are looking to also stop. Volume stayed pretty much the same
Sponsored