Synergy720

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Hey guys,

So I was going to sell my MBRP exhaust but thought maybe I'd give it one more chance. So I found an X pipe that will go on the pipe where the H pipe used to be. Then I bought some Magnaflow 14419 Resonators (3 inch complete system) to go just behind the X pipe. Hopefully the system won't sound so muddy. Previously with the H pipe, the headers made it sound a little muddly under normal acceleration. However, under WOT it sounds heavenly (AS IT SHOULD). But hopefully this will sound better and a little tight.
IMG_0558.JPEG
IMG_0559.JPEG
IMG_0560.JPEG
Sponsored

OP
OP
Synergy720

Synergy720

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Got the exhaust on, forgot to take pictures. Had to trim my X pipe about 2 inches back from the connect point as the exhaust was too far back. Thankfully it's perfectly straight and leveled. I'll post clips tomorrow!

OP
OP
Synergy720

Synergy720

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
The exhaust sound starting in normal mode, no revs as I'm next to the office and don't want any problems haha.

Mike-S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT
Thank you for posting this, synergy720. Did you have an x pipe on this setup at anytime before or did you only have an H? No matter what, how would you describe the effects of the resonators and what, if anything, would you now do differently?

OP
OP
Synergy720

Synergy720

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
So the current setup is with an X pipe. Before this I had the H pipe setup which wasn't bad but with the magnaflow resonators it sounded a bit muddy. With the X pipe it cleaned up the sound by a massive amount. The resonators were put on solely to relieve the amount of raspiness that come with headers. But currently, no I would not do anything differently to this exhaust. As scooting around town it is nice and deep. But once you get on it, she screams bloody murder. I will say, quiet mode still works fairly decent at highway speeds.
Sponsored