Sponsored

Resonator delete questions?

Retdet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Eco boost PP ingot silver
I have several questions about a resonator delete. I'm not really interested in getting a new exhaust system. Loud exhaust is not my thing. I just want to know if a delete is worth it.I have all the mods I need. I'm using a unleashed tune which I am very satisfied with, thanks Torrie. A airaid modular intake tube with stock air box with a Green oiled air filter. Just inquiring will the delete give me a little better exhaust tone with stock mufflers. Also will it effect my warranty.
You see I'm not looking for high performance mods that's why I'm inquiring.
Sponsored

5.0_newguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
it give a little more sound! I think it's how It should sound from factory but while on the hwy there is more wind noise than exhaust sound. performance wise it will do nothing. its an easy way to drop 15 lbs and get a slightly more aggressive sound

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
Eh maybe. Maybe not. A better quality resonator like one from Vibrant will give it a better sound, not make it any louder, and will keep it from producing drone. IMO all of the resonator and muffler deletes sound just like most garage hack jobs. They're so cheap to do but goddamn they sound like a single prop airplane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b00sted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost - 2011 Ford F150 Ecoboost
In all fairness, so do most of the catbacks out.

Hageln

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
In all fairness, so do most of the catbacks out.
Maybe four-bangers just wern't meant to have cool exhaust. At least we get cool noises with a cold air intake and BOV!

Sponsored

ranger11x

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
keith
Vehicle(s)
Base auto s550 magnetic
resonator delete and flowmaster super 44's (sounds perfect imho) i also have a mishimoto catted DP so my set up is a little louder ill be doing a sound clip soon

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Maybe four-bangers just wern't meant to have cool exhaust. At least we get cool noises with a cold air intake and BOV!
Best sounding turbo 4 banger would be neon srt-4 hands down.

AZStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium /Performance
I have several questions about a resonator delete. I'm not really interested in getting a new exhaust system. Loud exhaust is not my thing. I just want to know if a delete is worth it.I have all the mods I need. I'm using a unleashed tune which I am very satisfied with, thanks Torrie. A airaid modular intake tube with stock air box with a Green oiled air filter. Just inquiring will the delete give me a little better exhaust tone with stock mufflers. Also will it effect my warranty.
Your concerned about warranty, and you have a tune? You voided your warranty already.

show7ime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang
Your concerned about warranty, and you have a tune? You voided your warranty already.

That's why waiting on Ford Racing tune myself... Too much grey area to risk voiding on a engine that might actually be worthwhile maintaining warranty on.

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
That's why waiting on Ford Racing tune myself... Too much grey area to risk voiding on a engine that might actually be worthwhile maintaining warranty on.

I'm waiting on the Ford racing tune too! I can't wait to see what a huge disappointment it will be. Tuning the car is like being pregnant. Either go all the way or freaking forget it.

Sponsored

Fasstang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ITGUY
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EBPP
I actually had the same or almost the same question. I am selling my car today and getting a GT and my potential buyer asked me this question and I told him that I was going to find out. His exactly question was: how can I make this car sounds better/louder without having to change the muffler system or changing the CAI ( he doesn't want to lose the warranty neither) until the ford performance comes out and see if is worth investing on their CAI. His second and last question was regarding BOV. Installing one, can be a reason to be in trouble with the warranty just in case?

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV

Stock
[ame]

Only a resonator delete H-pipe (same car as above)
[ame]

Another sound clip - H-pipe with stock exhaust
https://soundcloud.com/varekaiterniatis/mustang-h-pipe

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
True on that. Just putting on H-pipe on with no other mods or a tune shouldn't void factory warranty unless the dealership is a totally clueless and wants to deny for any reason at all.

show7ime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang
I'm waiting on the Ford racing tune too! I can't wait to see what a huge disappointment it will be. Tuning the car is like being pregnant. Either go all the way or freaking forget it.

Bit of a pessimist aren't you? Lol. Either way, the tune will improve the car while maintaining warranty. It's not like I'm going out to the drag strip or track. So, it's a win win for me.

danzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Eco Boost Mustang
Resonator Delete - facts and opinions

1. Does anyone know of a dyno test comparison of the stock Mustang ecoboost exhaust VS a stock ecoboost Mustang exhaust with a resonator delete Y-Pipe? What are the gains if any from removing the resonator? I'm looking for factual evidence, not opinions.
2. Does anyone know of a sound thread comparison of a stock exhaust Mustang ecoboost VS stock exhaust ecoboost Mustang with a resonator delete, Y Pipe install? I've spent hours on the 70 something page exhaust thread and haven't found one (which doesn't mean I didn't miss it).
3. Could someone who has actually deleted their resonator but kept the rest of the exhaust stock, chime in and tell me if there is a significant increase in interior drone after the delete. Also, is there a deterioration of the sound quality inside the car, in your experience?
Sponsored