Requesting info: 15 v 19 intake differences

BlkPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christopher
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt PP
I’m looking for some information on the differences btwn the intake systems of a 17’ vs a 19’ ....

back story is I’d like to fit a 17’ designed year intake to a 19’. Seller tells me there are some differences in the throttle body and the intake pipe might be different.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Intake tube on the 15-17 has a 10 mm smaller MAF diameter. You need a 18+ intake for the 2019. Throttle body is same size but is digital control vs analog for the 15-17.

racrguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
The 18-19 intake is better than the 15-17, all around. Your post reads to me that you’re wanting to put a 15-17 on 18+. You’re going to lose performance if you do that.

OP
OP
BlkPP

BlkPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christopher
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt PP
My mistake if the post is misleading...I’m lookin at a company that makes an intake for 15-17 models and was told by them there would need to be some fabrication done in order for in to fit into my 19...
So I was just trying to gather some information on the differences.

racrguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Aaaaah, yeah. The induction systems are different between gen2 and gen3 coyotes. I’m not entirely sure what, but enough that they aren’t easily swappable without some nonsense.

Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
My mistake if the post is misleading...I’m lookin at a company that makes an intake for 15-17 models and was told by them there would need to be some fabrication done in order for in to fit into my 19...
Which intake system? This might give us a clue. I spent some time fitting 18+ intakes on my 15 so I might know.

Grimreaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
offer your car as the one for them to prototype! usually you end up with a free part at the end if you work with them through any revisions they want to make.

OP
OP
BlkPP

BlkPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christopher
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt PP
offer your car as the one for them to prototype! usually you end up with a free part at the end if you work with them through any revisions they want to make.
I definitely would. But the company is in Australia. And I’m in FL.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
The BTA OTR one.
Oh, sorry not familiar with that one. The only real differences is the size of the intake tube and the angle of the TB on the 2018-19s. Most of the other airbox pieces are the same. TB size is the same.
The only problem you might have is hood clearance with the intake tube. I have been told the 2018-19s have even less hood clearance in that area. Sounds like the only way you're going to find out is if you buy it and give it a try.