Request for input regarding decision to trade away the pony

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Cal Special
When my dad passed away, I had to sell his Infiniti G37S for my mom. It had a lot of weird issues in the 4 years and 20k miles he put on it. Most occurred after his original warranty had expired.
Sponsored

Deleted member 35786

With all those issues one wonders how he treated his car? Lots of mods, stoplight racing everyday, track days, drag strips etc.. etc..
Sorry about the car and happy searching.

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
im glad you like your mustang
please go be useless and hateful in some other post.
thx
Hateful? WOW! Here's hateful since your so busy labeling. What a frickin buttercup. Go buy a Forrester. Your more pathetic than Archie Millers lack of coaching ability.

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
Hateful? WOW! Here's hateful since your so busy labeling. What a frickin buttercup. Go buy a Forrester. Your more pathetic than Archie Millers lack of coaching ability.
Maybe hateful wasn't the proper description, but you are acting like an immature dick.

66Bronc1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
A car is a machine and since it involves a manufacturing process, different parts suppliers, etc. it is not perfect there are bound to be defects. We hope that we don't get a car with defects but it is the luck of the draw. With that being said some car makes have less defects than others. Typically Honda, Toyota and Mazda have the least defects- based on my experience. Being on the Mazda, Camaro, Mustang, Honda and Ford Fiesta ST forums the Camaros and Mustangs seem to have the most complaints and defects.

So good choices for a car with the statistics of being less prone to problems would be Honda, Toyota, Mazda for a sports coupe. I will add that my Fiesta ST has been bullet proof reliable, not one single issue, rattle or strange sound after 9500 miles but it's not a coupe. And you don't see the defects you see on the Camaro and Mustang forums.

I would never recommend a BMW. While driving experience could be awesome, they are super expensive to maintain and service. New battery is $750 and needs to be dealer installed for example. Brakes- $2500 and up. I know, my friend has a 135IS.

So based on my driving experience of "fun" and reliable cars I would look at Mazda Miata ND- what a blast to drive- I had one, Civic SI also- a blast to drive. Neither one has the V8 grunt but fun in their own way. Miata ND is very quick and able to change speeds so quickly like a motorcycle. Although more expensive the new Toyota Supra might be worth looking at. But it has a BMW drive train- whether or not the super expensive maintenance is part of it, still too early to tell. Also Lexus RC maybe but they are very pricey.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Kerninc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Black GT PP
He probably wants the opinions of Mustang owners, as he liked his Mustang, but unfortunately had a bad car with issues (it happens), thus wants input from us as to what we might buy in his budget-range if we weren't going with another Mustang (also, by going to those other brand forums, you're stuck talking to bmw/audi/honda/whatever fans who will push their respective brand). Just a thought. :sun:
THIS RIGHT HERE!!!

I love american muscle but I had a bad run of luck on this one and I thought some perspective from a group of Mustang guys that maybe have more experience flipping and/or just did a better job comparatively shopping......hell maybe someone here is just tired of the "old" and is gonna get something new and I could gain some info on an option I overlooked. Remember it took me 42 years to buy a brand new car so my car buying/flipping skills might just be less than the people taking the time to drop a little negativity in the post

OP
OP

Kerninc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Black GT PP

seriously....go away and be a child in another post. There are plenty to pick from

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
.....wheel bearings to half shafts to the AC system to the battery and the PCM it fried.......
My 2016 has had 1 issue. One.

Half-shafts? What happened to the half-shafts?
Wheel bearings? On stock wheels and tires?
The battery went bad and it fried the PCM? How?

I'm gonna go ahead an question how you treated that car, OP.

Deleted member 35786

My 2016 has had 1 issue. One.

Half-shafts? What happened to the half-shafts?
Wheel bearings? On stock wheels and tires?
The battery went bad and it fried the PCM? How?

I'm gonna go ahead an question how you treated that car, OP.
Agree. But they will deny it and say they drove it like grandpa. Always the case..

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Agree. But they will deny it and say they drove it like grandpa. Always the case..
Well, actually, I peeked at the OP's older posts. He does seem to have had one problem after another, and nothing in the OP's posts sounds like a 20-something raging their car around.

But really, the issues the OP has had.......are kinda normal. And they've been fixed. So, I don't understand wanting to ditch the car at this point. With the repair work being done under warranty, it's not like big $$ has come out of the OP's pocket.

I kinda get the impression that it's more of a situation of plain frustration, and expectations not being met.

Still, I'd just suggest a Platinum ESP, and keep the car.

Oh well, good luck OP.

Sponsored

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
The M2 idea isn't a half bad replacement.

Deleted member 35786

The M2 idea isn't a half bad replacement.
Uhh no
BMW - Bring More Wallet, Bring Mechanic With
Prices for parts on those are insane... You want affordability with inexpensive replacement parts if needed. Then LEXUS all day or Honda/Acura. There is Mazda but the OP wants a two door coupe thats not the size of a go cart, so no Miata..

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Guess I am just not a Lexus fan.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Uhh no
BMW - Bring More Wallet, Bring Mechanic With
Prices for parts on those are insane... You want affordability with inexpensive replacement parts if needed. Then LEXUS all day or Honda/Acura. There is Mazda but the OP wants a two door coupe thats not the size of a go cart, so no Miata..
I haven’t heard of much maintenance nor a high cost for it on the M240i, in fact, from what I’ve seen, it lists high on reliability charts. The RC-F is an awful car and is out of budget for the OP, Honda/Acura has no worthwhile performance cars unless mid-high 5-second 0-60 times is now considered to be comparable to his outgoing Mustang GT. I drove an IS350 F-Sport, I loved the interior, but it was painfully slow. The best Japanese alternative, IMO, for a Mustang GT in the sub-$40k range is definitely an Infiniti Q60 RS.

TURTL3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LB Mustang 3.7 6MT
I know you said no Challenger.....but if I was you, I'd buy a Challenger. Once you go Euro, you gotta fork out serious cash for everything. I spent years in the VW-Audi scene. They aint cheap. MB, BMW and all of them are the same. There's more owners out there with problems on their S550s, that's just manufacturing for ya. $37K could get you a 392 Chally. Dunno just saying, you go down that Euro hole and you're gonna have to pay the troll's toll. The Japanese coupes on the market right now are meh. Some of them have decent power, but they're more geared for comfort. They probably wont fill you with fire and desire.
Sponsored