Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase
My 2016 has had 1 issue. One.

Half-shafts? What happened to the half-shafts?
Wheel bearings? On stock wheels and tires?
The battery went bad and it fried the PCM? How?

I'm gonna go ahead an question how you treated that car, OP.
I bought mine at 35,400, it already needed front wheel bearings. The left front fell to pieces when it came off the car. Apparently, it's more common that I'd like. The shop had to scrounge for replacements.
Sponsored

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If you go Euro, get a used M235i or M240i. They’re the most reliable cars BMW makes. They are great performers too and you’re under $40k used. Low $30s for a low mi m235i. My Dad has a ‘16 235 and really likes it n not a single issue. I drove an M230i and was impressed and that’s the 4cyl.
BMW makes a reliable car? Who'da thunk it?

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
They're ancient that's why haha Seriously though, they're very simple cars relatively speaking and the Hemis are known inside and out, so there's not many surprises. This generation of the Chally/Charger is 10 years old now. All the worst kinks are worked out. They're heavy SOBs but they're simple old beasts. They're not going to get you super fast lap times or light up the Tail of The Dragon like a Mustang but they'll pass anything on the highway and take you cross-country at 90mph with ease. If I could afford one, that's what I'd be driving tbh.
Our 300C was reliable, fast, comfortable and fun to drive. We kept it 13 years. It let us down once: at nearly nine years, the battery died. When we traded it on the RAV, it was still running strong. The wife just wanted to stop buying 89 octane so often.

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
They are doing some pretty incredible deals on new vettes. Would have to stretch the budget a bit but you would definitely end up with a solid platform.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
What did the OP end up trading for?