Sponsored

Reputable PDR place in DMV area?

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
This morning my wife put a dime size dent in my rear quarter panel, just above the wheel arch. Apparently "mistakes happen" and being careful not to slam a 20 lbs purse into the side of my car is too much to ask and now I am the bad guy :lipssealed:. Anyway, can anyone recommend a good PDR place in the DMV area? I see that Dent Kings in Gaithersburg has good reviews. I really do not want to drill into the car to gain access but unless it can be fixed with a glue pull I am not sure if that can be avoided. Thanks.
Sponsored

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
DMV... Department of Motor Vehicles.
When did they get into paintless dent repair?
Imagine how long it will take, and the amount of redundant paperwork. Standing in line for 5-6 hours only to wait for a DMV worker to work at the pace of a sloth, with the attitude of a disgruntled Burger King employee.

SAY WHAT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang Gt
Dc Maryland Virginia. You can’t expect anyone outside of the 3 to know what dmv stands for.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT/PP
Dent Shop Ashburn (virginia) - They'll definitely take any concerns you have into consideration and give you advice on everything before they make/attempt any kind of repair. Super professional, they have an instagram I'd recommend checking out too

Sponsored

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
I’ll ask a friend who has a business in Maryland, he’s really meticulous.

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
If you have a good relationship with your dealer, they usually have an on call service. Many will come to your home.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
If you have a good relationship with your dealer, they usually have an on call service. Many will come to your home.
No offense but most dealerships, no matter the franchise look for the cheapest repairs on their used cars. Ask who is the best, they know but may not use them unless it’s a customer pay job.

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I have used PDR 3 times. All three were from a vendor referred to me from my dealership. They offered to do it at the dealership or come to my home or office. The work was flawless and I tipped the tech nicely. But again, I have a good relationship with my dealerships and had no reason to shade the dealer's recommendation.

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Another suggestion would be to query a quality Detail shop. Their business is about the details, so they may employ a PDR tech or again, refer a vendor they may use.

Sponsored
OP
OP
matthewr87

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Thanks for your suggestions guys. I will look into the Dent Shop in Ashburn and also ask around locally for suggestions. Maybe the guy that did my PPF knows someone.

This has not been a good day :frown:

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
The place in McLean va. I Dont remember the name.....They worked on my Porsches

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
This morning my wife put a dime size dent in my rear quarter panel, just above the wheel arch.
BTW, you do not have to drill anything to access that area. Depending how far towards the front it is you access it by removing the interior rear panel (there will be holes where the trim clips go that can be used) or through the trunk.

Good luck with the repair!

OP
OP
matthewr87

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
BTW, you do not have to drill anything to access that area. Depending how far towards the front it is you access it by removing the interior rear panel (there will be holes where the trim clips go that can be used) or through the trunk.

Good luck with the repair!
That's good to know! Thank you!
Sponsored