OP
OP
71Rcode

71Rcode

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP 6-speed base
Seats and door panels are back in but console is half out waiting for Steeda shifter to arrive
20200430_191059.jpg
20200501_193850.jpg

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Those seats look real comfy @71Rcode
More luxurious than the factory leather and will likely last 10x as long.

OP
OP
71Rcode

71Rcode

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the kind words, guys. I'd like to think this leather is higher quality than the OEM leather... it's quite robust as I spent hours pulling and stretching it up close. You guys should do this as well if you're considering the project. What an improvement in looks and experience.

Funny, being an older dude, I don't like the huge/bright sync screen in my face when driving --- one of the reasons I wanted the base model and tiny screen. Still can't believe I own a car with a backup camera (my first). The 4" screen works for me.

For one of my next projects, I will be researching a way to activate the backup warning "tone/beep" if possible. My 300a setup did not include the warning mechanism apparently.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Thanks for the kind words, guys. I'd like to think this leather is higher quality than the OEM leather... it's quite robust as I spent hours pulling and stretching it up close. You guys should do this as well if you're considering the project. What an improvement in looks and experience.

Funny, being an older dude, I don't like the huge/bright sync screen in my face when driving --- one of the reasons I wanted the base model and tiny screen. Still can't believe I own a car with a backup camera (my first). The 4" screen works for me.

For one of my next projects, I will be researching a way to activate the backup warning "tone/beep" if possible. My 300a setup did not include the warning mechanism apparently.
That's totally fair, I kind of like not having a distracting touch screen as well, personally. As for the backup beeping, newer cars have that even with 300A (like mine) so it's certainly possible. Although I suspect your car is missing the rear proximity sensors themselves. They go under the little circular bumper plugs on the lower part of the rear bumper.

jjminch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost 6M Base
Thanks for the tips. What am I looking for in regards to silicon spray? Don't want something that will damage the leather, what did you use?

Sponsored
OP
OP
71Rcode

71Rcode

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
O man I just winged it. I have an old can of silicone spray aerosol I've for 15 years sitting around.

Drake Muscle Cars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Nice work! Here's a tip from years of aftermarket interiors: if you're looking to smooth out some of the wrinkles, grab a clothing steamer and steam the leather. It'll tighten it up quite a bit!

OP
OP
71Rcode

71Rcode

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great idea man! I realized after my 10 hours of work and a week later that my wife had purchased some kind of steam machine for some reason. Oh well! I'll leave it out in the Sun a little bit

PowerKord

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I have a question for everyone who has upgraded to a leather interior. Does the color affect the interior comfort/temperature much? I have a 2015 base GT with black paint and black cloth interior. It's pretty warm in the summer and I'm afraid black leather might be worse. I'm almost thinking to go with a much lighter color leather. I do have tinted glass, but the black paint really seems to heat the car up a lot. Any thoughts?

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Katzkin doesn't sell DIY kits anymore? Website just offers installers
Sponsored