Replaced 300A cloth seats with leather Katzkins - few thoughts

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I have a question for everyone who has upgraded to a leather interior. Does the color affect the interior comfort/temperature much? I have a 2015 base GT with black paint and black cloth interior. It's pretty warm in the summer and I'm afraid black leather might be worse. I'm almost thinking to go with a much lighter color leather. I do have tinted glass, but the black paint really seems to heat the car up a lot. Any thoughts?
Leather is always gonna absorb more heat than cloth will, just how it is.

Deleted member 35644

I have a question for everyone who has upgraded to a leather interior. Does the color affect the interior comfort/temperature much? I have a 2015 base GT with black paint and black cloth interior. It's pretty warm in the summer and I'm afraid black leather might be worse. I'm almost thinking to go with a much lighter color leather. I do have tinted glass, but the black paint really seems to heat the car up a lot. Any thoughts?
In my experience, it doesn't matter what color the leather is, if it's going to be sitting in direct sunlight, your ass is going to burn. I burnt the HELL out of my legs jumping into an Eddie Bauer Explorer with tan leather. I mean BURNT. Get the color you want, use a reflective sun screen religiously, and tint your windows. Leather will cease to be an issue if you keep the sun out of the car.