Removing Compound From Exterior Trim

BooStang259

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
Hey, everybody. I purchased a new Mustang two weeks ago. It had some paint issues that were buffed out this past Friday, but the compound from the buffer got smeared over most of the black plastic and rubber around the exterior of the vehicle. I've read about how well the the large school erasers work, but I'm afraid of marking up the trim I've also seen people say that Mr. Clean Magic Erasers work well. Does anyone have input on what I should use?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tacswa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt - Shadow Black
Compound on the trim pieces is one of the signs the detailer you used sucks at what he does. Don't return to him

Siege

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible PP1, 2003 Marauder Trilogy S/C #250, 1992 Mustang 5.0 Notch
Pink pearl eraser does the trick followed by some vinyl / rubber protectant. The Mr. Clean Magic Eraser is made out of melamine foam and is abrasive which will scratch the trim.

OP
OP
BooStang259

BooStang259

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
Pink pearl eraser does the trick followed by some vinyl / rubber protectant. The Mr. Clean Magic Eraser is made out of melamine foam and is abrasive which will scratch the trim.
I guess I will pick up a pack of erasers tomorrow and give it a try. I'm assuming you just use the eraser by itself without any type of solvent? Is it safe to use on the plastic and the rubber? I don't want to mess up any of the trim, so I am trying to get as much information as possible first.

Sponsored

Siege

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible PP1, 2003 Marauder Trilogy S/C #250, 1992 Mustang 5.0 Notch
Yup, I just used it tonight on my car on a few spots of the plastic trim underneath the door that I got wax on last week. It'll leave the spot dull but it absolutely won't damage the plastic.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I just use a soft old toothbrush, and a trim product, like 'Back to Black', or even 303. It works perfectly.