Remote start

Oxford white 10r80 gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I woke up this morning ready for work and stepped outside to see just how far the remote start works in my apartment complex so I hit it and not paying attention to my key fob I just listened for the car and didn’t hear anything. So I tried it a few more times like 3-4 times and just gave up and walked to my car and low and behold my car was running. With my mbrp race I could hear it very audibly across the lot I now have corsa extremes maybe a breeze of wind caught my ear before I could hear the cars exhaust but I wrote all this to ask. Did I harm anything by continuing to try and remote start my car when the first time was a success and it was already running?
Sponsored

NotMarc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1
No. The car should know that it's already started and not try to turn the starter again, if I'm not mistaken. Worse case you were starting and stopping the car which probably isn't the greatest thing to do with cold oil, but definitely not the end of the world.

But I drive a manual without remote start, so someone else may weigh in with more info.

OP
OP

Oxford white 10r80 gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
No. The car should know that it's already started and not try to turn the starter again, if I'm not mistaken. Worse case you were starting and stopping the car which probably isn't the greatest thing to do with cold oil, but definitely not the end of the world.

But I drive a manual without remote start, so someone else may weigh in with more info.
Hmmm I’m positive as I got closer I would have heard it the corsa xtreme are pretty audible yeah hopefully someone else knows because I’m totally lost

OP
OP

Oxford white 10r80 gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt

I just did it again spoke with ford they said it does nothing I remote started then tried it again listened for anything and didn’t hear anything it didn’t turn the car off or anything it just keeps running as normal

Sponsored

Tone Everready

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB and 2019 GT
I just did it again spoke with ford they said it does nothing I remote started then tried it again listened for anything and didn’t hear anything it didn’t turn the car off or anything it just keeps running as normal

How far away would you say you were from the car? Crazy that the Corsa Exteme is inaudible within remote start distance. I had Borla Atak on my old 16 GT and you could hear it bark from the max possible start distance.

OP
OP

Oxford white 10r80 gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
How far away would you say you were from the car? Crazy that the Corsa Exteme is inaudible within remote start distance. I had Borla Atak on my old 16 GT and you could hear it bark from the max possible start distance.
It was pretty windy and I was in a rush for work hence the reason I wanted the car already running to give it time to idle down yeah I agree I’m suprised I didn’t hear it either normally I always do hear it. Best way I could describe it is I come out my apartment door walk down the stairs and it’s about a 20-30 second walk it’s not a straight shot I just stood there pressed the button and don’t recall hearing anything but like I say it was windy and I was already in a rush for work not paying attention lol

OP
OP

Oxford white 10r80 gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I can do it at work when I’m leaving well across the parking lot at the hospital easy 150 feet or more and you can hear it very easily and I’m talking it will make you turn your head to see what’s all the noise if you were a bystander lol it’s not that it’s quiet I just don’t think I was paying well enough attention given the conditions.

Sponsored

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 2018 Mustang GT 1996 Ford Bronco
if you look at your key fob while trying to remote start the little led light at the top will flash red if it wasn't successful and it will flash green if it started, otherwise use the app

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
What matco said. That’s the only real way to tell if it’s on or not.

OP
OP

Oxford white 10r80 gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I wanted to add something to my thread I have been remote starting the car and sometimes it does flash red like it’s unsuccessful and I still hear my car start but it always seems to be when the car isn’t in view. What could be the reason?

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
I would have said get some hearing aids if you weren't so young looking in your pic LOL. This coming from an old dude of course :)

OP
OP

Oxford white 10r80 gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I would have said get some hearing aids if you weren't so young looking in your pic LOL. This coming from an old dude of course :)
Well I was asking in reference to the above poster he said the remote will flash red if it doesn’t start but a few times and recently I remote started the car it wasn’t in view it flashed red but I still heard my car start in the distance
Sponsored