Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
Could a US Keyfob be butchered with a U.K one so it uses this frequency
Absolutely no idea mate, if you want to take a punt on a keyfob I’m happy to try! I just can’t bring myself to spend £100 for it not to work and be stuck with a key no one wants!
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
With a girlie engine though :giggle:

(I loved my Ecoboost but now have the V8 so can join in the piss taking lol)
RACE MEH!

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
OP
OP
Bigkid

Bigkid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daren
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
If
What was the cost of the alarm and remote start as no info on cliffords site
If you shop around about, £850, I had quotes up to £1300, just make sure you only go to an authorised fitter, there’s no firmware for a digital connection so it needs an old fashioned hard wire.

I guess as the American market has remote start on the cars, Clifford (viper) haven’t bothered to rush out out the firmware needed for digital intergration.

It makes it a two day install.

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I’d be happy to chip in A LITTLE to test this, then I’d quite happily shell out a ton on a guaranteed to work key fob.

Interesting the new focus can be started remotely via ford pass, any chance of that being enabled for the Mustang? I’m guessing not in the UK/EU as I’m sure it is illegal. Might be okay after March 29th though?

Sponsored

Tim_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning blue S550 Coyote convertible
Absolutely no idea mate, if you want to take a punt on a keyfob I’m happy to try! I just can’t bring myself to spend £100 for it not to work and be stuck with a key no one wants!
Gah! Well if you do find something and it would be worth trying a key then shout.

Tim_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Problem with left leg, manifested itself as shooting pains through the left knee cap. I was caught in heavy traffic and had been in it for sometime. Knee was really playing up. Once we started moving again I got up to speed and a few mins later hit more traffic, depressed the clutch and bang, huge amount of pain. Foot came off the clutch, car stalled - truck was approaching from behind which had to brake to avoid a collision.

No harm done, except to my pants. I was in an auto 2 weeks later. (My Focus ST)

I'll trade being manly for being alive.
A knee problem is why we have an auto too. It was that or no Mustang.

I’m actually quite surprised at how good the auto is and would have another, the paddles in sport are good and it’s consistent.

Splash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost 2017, Ford Fiesta ST200.
A knee problem is why we have an auto too. It was that or no Mustang.

I’m actually quite surprised at how good the auto is and would have another, the paddles in sport are good and it’s consistent.
I wouldn't daily drive anything else now to be honest. I bought some paddle extenders and haven't looked back. I certainly don't miss a clutch on my trips to the M25 car park.

I still hoon my wife's ST around (just not in traffic) I can drive a manual as long as I'm not bumper to bumper for prolonged periods.

Last edited:

Tim_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wouldn't daily drive anything else now to be honest. I bought some paddle extenders and haven't looked back. I certainly don't miss a clutch on my trips to the M25 car park.

I still hoon my wife's ST around (just not in traffic) I can drive a manual as long as I'm not bumper to bumper for prolonged periods.
Exactly the same here, we have an ST but even now thinking it’s replacement will be an auto. Two Mustangs...?

Splash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost 2017, Ford Fiesta ST200.
Exactly the same here, we have an ST but even now thinking it’s replacement will be an auto. Two Mustangs...?
I like the nippy-ness of the ST. It feels tiny now, after all the Stang is a tank by comparison. As I always tell people its the same size as a family saloon, with none of the practicality
Sponsored