Remote start

Bigkid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daren
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I have been searching the forum for Uk answers but I can’t find any pointers, I want remote start on my 2019 GT and am told the Uk spec cars the model not present, has anyone integrated a decent aftermarket alternative, I am Familiar with the clifford as I fitted this to my Landrover but are there any others options.
Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bigkid

Bigkid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daren
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I have been searching the forum for Uk answers but I can’t find any pointers, I want remote start on my 2019 GT and am told the Uk spec cars the model not present, has anyone integrated a decent aftermarket alternative, I am Familiar with the clifford as I fitted this to my Landrover but are there any others options.
Thanks

just an update for any that are interested, I have gone ahead and fitted a remote start from Viper (Clifford) along with the alarm system.
Viper 5304V Pager Alarm With Remote Start

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
I’m interested but not fitting a full alarm system to get it working, still reckon it’s do-able with a US key fob and some programming of the vehicle.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I’m interested but not fitting a full alarm system to get it working, still reckon it’s do-able with a US key fob and some programming of the vehicle.
Pretty sure it's just a key fob, reprogrammed fob, and then just enabling it through forscan and USDM tools. (a bit like how enabling line lock on the eco was for me/cull)

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
Pretty sure it's just a key fob, reprogrammed fob, and then just enabling it through forscan and USDM tools. (a bit like how enabling line lock on the eco was for me/cull)
This is it, I mean I work at a Ford dealer so can plug it in to the proper IDS computer to do all that bit, just need a US keyfob now.

Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
if you manage to get it working with a US fob let me know and i'll bring mine through for you to do it'd be great just to park it up somewhere and whenever people are lurking around it randomly just start it up. after all cold start on mine is quite frankly offensive it scares people even when they know its coming :)

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
if you manage to get it working with a US fob let me know and i'll bring mine through for you to do it'd be great just to park it up somewhere and whenever people are lurking around it randomly just start it up. after all cold start on mine is quite frankly offensive it scares people even when they know its coming :)
I think it’s only available on the automatics to prevent the car being started in gear and driving itself off down the street, but could be wrong, might take a punt on a keyfob on eBay for about £100.

Avdb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Lotus, Raptor
It would be great to remote start on frosty mornings

OP
OP
Bigkid

Bigkid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daren
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
If it was possible it would be far cheaper, I got told not possible at the dealers but I wasn’t overly convinced they had much idea.

Still the alarm is a big consideration as the amount of cars disappearing off drives at the moment is a real issue due to relaying the fob signals.
Not convinced many of the mainstream OEM alarms /imoblizers are up to much judging by what I keep seeing in my local papers at the moment.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I think it’s only available on the automatics to prevent the car being started in gear and driving itself off down the street, but could be wrong, might take a punt on a keyfob on eBay for about £100.
It is indeed auto only even in the states,

Sponsored

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
New Focus auto has the ability to be remote started via the Ford Pass app, pretty cool.

Tim_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning blue S550 Coyote convertible
I too would be interested in this if you can get it going.

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
We all chipping in for a US fob to try it out then? If it works I’ll pay up for the fob and if not we haven’t all spent £100 each on a useless key and can try resell on eBay. If it works I’m happy to sort the programming for those who haven’t got the means to do it.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
We all chipping in for a US fob to try it out then? If it works I’ll pay up for the fob and if not we haven’t all spent £100 each on a useless key and can try resell on eBay. If it works I’m happy to sort the programming for those who haven’t got the means to do it.
you tight yorkshire scrouge :)

i'll chip in a little i had it on my old type-r and skyline (both manuals) thanks to clifford used to be great in the winter.

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
you tight yorkshire scrouge :)

i'll chip in a little i had it on my old type-r and skyline (both manuals) thanks to clifford used to be great in the winter.
Yorkshire, tight and proud lol

If we get say 4 people, £25 each? Like I said if it works I’ll either give the £25 back to all or Can programme keys in for free in York.

I’m gonna try get the IDS computer plugged in to mine at work tomorrow and see if I can find it as an option, I’ll keep you posted on my findings.
Sponsored