red light

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
Whom is at fault here (it was a close hit but no impact) You are at a red light. It turns green you go and Tbone someone
Sponsored

OP
OP
dirtwarrior

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
It is getting so bad now 6 cars will pass under the red light. I have a forward facing camera set to record for such a case

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
In driver training they teach you to always look left and right before crossing through the intersection. Something that has stuck with me and now is a natural habit. I have saved my ass at least a dozen times because of this. You can't and shouldn't trust anyone to drive appropriately.

If you use stops lights like a drag strip Christmas tree, gunning the green, then I would say you are 50% at fault and may even be charged.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
It is getting so bad now 6 cars will pass under the red light. I have a forward facing camera set to record for such a case
So this is different from your first post... are you asking if it's ok to go through the intersection when you know some bone head is going to run the light? Why would you chance it?

OP
OP
dirtwarrior

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
It needs to stop that is why. Pretty soon it will be 20 cars. Then after a while the traffic control lights mean nothing

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
It needs to stop that is why. Pretty soon it will be 20 cars. Then after a while the traffic control lights mean nothing
I agree it needs to stop but it won't. Around here, it's 1 sometimes 2 cars that in most cases are turning left on a red thus holding up other cars that now have an advance green trying to turn left in the other direction. A few times I have been coming to a stop and someone behind me has deliberately switched to the left turn lane to go around me to drive straight through the red.

Maybe it's time for red light cameras at every major intersection.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Don't need no more stinking laws, just pay attention and drive defensive.
This world has gone nuts.

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
If you use stops lights like a drag strip Christmas tree, gunning the green, then I would say you are 50% at fault and may even be charged.
Living in NYC I use every stop sign and red light like a drag strip. Unless you are spinning your tires or running the light/stop sign, what could you be charged with? Driving under the speed limit to quickly?

Sponsored

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
IMO, if as you described, you are stopped at a red light, get green and you tbone a car it's your fault, or at best comparative negligence, meaning you're both at fault. If you are driving at or below posted speed limit and have green and tbone a car it's on them.

TexasMetallic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2005 Ram 1500 4x4
Depends on if they had the right of way. They can be in the intersection/across the line when theirs goes red and you have to yield.

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Redlights are setup by idiots. Before the light's red bulb is lit up fully the other light is already turning green. I think the whole intersection should stay red for 4-5 seconds before turning green

OP
OP
dirtwarrior

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
You forget the yellow is before red

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
You forget the yellow is before red
Yellow is no different than green to many folks. See it all the time. I own a few triaxle dumps. Where I live we have several red lights on 65 mph roads. We gross 80k lbs. The lights turn yellow for about 3 seconds before they turn red. You have to all but lockup the brakes to keep from running a red light. My drivers have learned to slow to 45 mph as they approach the intersection while having the green light incase it starts to turn yellow, red. If not, we dont have time to stop. Its very frustrating.
Sponsored