Sponsored

Received my VIN

2011gt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt350
Just received my VIN for my 19R, Looks like April manufacturer date
Congrats! What color did you order and do you know if ford made any performance enhancements to the 2019 r model?

OP
OP
svttim

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Priority 10. The car is Velocity Blue with white stripes. Not much for upgrades over the 18R from what I was told. Possibly the ABS programming but dont hold me to that. Thanks Guys

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
Congrats dude. I am waiting till next model year to see order (if i'm still interested in the car by then). My reason for waiting is the new block Ford is going to use with the 350.

The major changes are on the interior.

Sponsored

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Congrats dude. I am waiting till next model year to see order (if i'm still interested in the car by then). My reason for waiting is the new block Ford is going to use with the 350.

The major changes are on the interior.
Thats risky because I doubt the R lives past this model year or if it does will only be available to the top dealers in the nation with huge markups. Same with the 350 I ordered mine from the largest dealer in GA and they said they only received 1 allocation and production for both will be limited due to them ramping up for the GT500 production. I didn't care about the block it will make 0 difference to be honest Ford is just doing it because they might as well use 1 block instead of 2

zzrat

Threads
Reaction score
Deerfield,Indiana Land of Moonshine & Critters
Vehicle(s)
GR245 Radioless
Congrats Tim. I just went to Fords site & built your car to see the color. When adding the black roof with stripes the black looked to be matt compared to gloss previous years. Sooo I visited with the "chat" person & they said it was a matt finish this year. Well this will be a unique look for the 19's.

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Congrats Tim. I just went to Fords site & built your car to see the color. When adding the black roof with stripes the black looked to be matt compared to gloss previous years. Sooo I visited with the "chat" person & they said it was a matt finish this year. Well this will be a unique look for the 19's.
Thats interesting I don't think that would look very good with gloss metallic paint but that could just be my opinion. Id rather just get body colored roof and get it wrapped matte black if I ever wanted to.

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
Thats interesting I don't think that would look very good with gloss metallic paint but that could just be my opinion. Id rather just get body colored roof and get it wrapped matte black if I ever wanted to.
I would actually go as far as saying that I will give up on the black roof if it is not gloss (I also have one on order but with black roof and no stripes). If I still want the black roof at least I can wrap it (with a gloss vinyl). I will be checking with my dealer tomorrow on this.

OP
OP
svttim

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Glad I decided on white :)

Sponsored

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
Thats risky because I doubt the R lives past this model year or if it does will only be available to the top dealers in the nation with huge markups. Same with the 350 I ordered mine from the largest dealer in GA and they said they only received 1 allocation and production for both will be limited due to them ramping up for the GT500 production. I didn't care about the block it will make 0 difference to be honest Ford is just doing it because they might as well use 1 block instead of 2
I agree with you that there is a risk that the 350R won’t live past this year.

But, I’m willing to take my chances. My thoughts are that the changes to the new 350 motor will be more than just the block. Plus, I don’t see why Ford would continue to make the 350 next year but not the 350R.

The 350R and the new 500 don’t compete with each other and I don’t see the production of the 500 being affected by the continuation of the 350R.

The ADM thing may or may not be a factor next year. The introduction of the 500 might make the 350 ADM thing less common.

Of course, this is all speculation.

Again, Congrats on your car man. I remember how exciting it was when I built my Hellcat and followed its journey. Hopefully next year I’ll be in your shoes.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
exciting times..... Its nice to see people go through this process. It never gets old.

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
Plus, I don’t see why Ford would continue to make the 350 next year but not the 350R.
Do not quote me on this but IMO 2019 has a good chance to be the last year of the R. The reason is that they made a bunch of improvements to the regular GT350 so that one is likely to continue on but none (or very limited) to the R and now the gap between them is a lot smaller.

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350

But, I’m willing to take my chances. My thoughts are that the changes to the new 350 motor will be more than just the block. Plus, I don’t see why Ford would continue to make the 350 next year but not the 350R.

The 350R and the new 500 don’t compete with each other and I don’t see the production of the 500 being affected by the continuation of the 350R.

The ADM thing may or may not be a factor next year. The introduction of the 500 might make the 350 ADM thing less common.

Again, Congrats on your car man. I remember how exciting it was when I built my Hellcat and followed its journey. Hopefully next year I’ll be in your shoes.

I can see your reasoning as well I hope they do both continue to the 2020 model year so other people including you can get the joy of owning one the most unique American cars ever made. As for the block I'm kind of hoping its only the block because that would just piss me off to see advancements to the engine to say increase power just for one model year because I do seriously doubt the 350/R lives on past the next year because by that time it will be time for a new generation of Mustang. I mentioned the 500 production because they both would be built in the same factory so I doubt they could ramp up production to that extent to build the same number of each cars as the 350/Rs have already been decreasing over the model years. ADMs are just stupid I hope nobody deals with them for the 350s/Rs until the end of the run but lets be honest with the 500 its just inevitable and dealers are greedy. The anticipation is killing me like you said lets hope this time next year you will be lucky enough to post your 350r on here.

MYKE350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 F150 4x4,2020 Explorer ST, 2020 GT500
Just received my VIN for my 19R, Looks like April manufacturer date
Congrats,I have a delivery date of 3/30 for my 350.Hang in there the wait is part of the fun.
Sponsored