Sponsored

Recall = No Registration!

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
So I was trying to re-register my car today since my registration expires 12/12/16. However, I get notice that I can't re-register in California until my car gets fixed and taken off recall.

Worst yet...
RECALL STATUS: Recall INCOMPLETE. Remedy not yet available.

So now I'm stuck without a car until it gets fixed. :doh::frusty:
Ford is building cars with new lines, BS. They need to get you folks that need it now the parts asap. Ridiculous in California, yes, but not their fault Ford did a recall with zero parts.
Sponsored

swedensky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lariat 3.5, 2016 GT350
Don't believe that's the case personally. Plenty of owners with Takata airbag recalls and similar safety recalls have been able to register just fine.
Not saying the website didnt tell you that, just that I think you'll have it all be fine when you go in tomorrow.

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
GT350 (sold); 04 Cobra (sold)
So I was trying to re-register my car today since my registration expires 12/12/16. However, I get notice that I can't re-register in California until my car gets fixed and taken off recall.

Worst yet...
RECALL STATUS: Recall INCOMPLETE. Remedy not yet available.

So now I'm stuck without a car until it gets fixed. :doh::frusty:
:eyebulge: Seriously???? Ours is due this month.

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
Mine was due this month for a GTPP which went through just fine even though there is a recall on both doors randomly opening when driving with no solution until 1st quarter of 2017.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
I mailed my registration in a few weeks ago and just recieved the new sticker. Not sure if I got kucky on the timing, or if the website is just a good example of beuraucracy at work. Hopefully you'll get it sorted easily in person. Good luck!

-T

Sponsored

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
Here in Kansas did my tag and taxes for the next year through the mail a couple weeks ago (mine was due in Dec.) No problem, got new tag sticker (that cost me $1,500) back in the mail and put it on tag.

smsgt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350 magnetic/black tech
I'd get a loaner from your dealer until such time the car is fixed. Demand it do to the circumstances.
Got my recall notice today. My only question is is it safe to drive the car until the repair is done or am I risking the motor and/or my life? They dont seem to be too concerned as it doesn't say anything about not driving it. I was going to contact the dealer however it says not to...hmmm.I think a loaner car should be in order in any case!!

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Not saying the website didnt tell you that, just that I think you'll have it all be fine when you go in tomorrow.
Exactly why I was asking for a specific statute (mandate, etc).

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome to the People's Democratic Republic of California the "Nanny State"

Sponsored
OP
OP
icormba

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
I mailed my registration in a few weeks ago and just recieved the new sticker. Not sure if I got kucky on the timing, or if the website is just a good example of beuraucracy at work. Hopefully you'll get it sorted easily in person. Good luck!

-T
That's what I should have done, but I've been spoiled with paying online for so many years I usually wait until the last minute to pay. I just have to remember to bring my ATM card and/ or cash. :headbonk:

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I would hold off on all the communist, get a lawyer, and pitchfork comments until he goes into the DMV office tomorrow. Something tells me he will get his registration sticker and the angry mob will go home empty handed

OP
OP
icormba

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
I would hold off on all the communist, get a lawyer, and pitchfork comments until he goes into the DMV office tomorrow. Something tells me he will get his registration sticker and the angry mob will go home empty handed
Right! I only consider 67% of California as communist. :D

You didn't have issues re-registering, did you? I recall you getting your car before me if I'm not mistaken?

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
Honestly why do any of you live in commifornia? On every forum I've ever been on all I hear is more reasons why I'd NEVER live there! And the reason why I'd never visit there is because I have a CCW Permit and exercise that right every single day all day :paddle: If I can't take it on vacation, I don't go there... Period... The crap they make you guys do is just beyond ridiculous and the cost of living is way beyond ridiculous for what you have to put up with :crazy: People complain about Florida the humidity, old people, yadda yadda but I don't have to screw with emissions every year, don't have a state tax, can legally carry a firearm and the list goes on... I'm from NY and would never move back there for many of the same reasons.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Sorry to hear that. What's up with the people's democratic republic of californiastan?
Sponsored