Sponsored

Recall for 19,500 2015 Mustang 2.3L EcoBoost vehicles for elevated temperatures

klousgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mustang GT Black
My car goes in Monday june 29 for this. they think it is something inside the drivers side cat making my noise.

Rattles on start up. Rattles on throttle blips. And rattles like a jack hammer when engine braking to a stop sign.

Mine did this for 3 days or so, and then the rattle just vanished, that was weeks ago and it hasn't returned.
Sponsored

Highwayman

Been there.. Done that..
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kraig
Vehicle(s)
15 OW Base GT/PP/Recarros,Built STI,Built Jeep JK
:crazy:

as a married man, I don't even know what to say to this lol... I just couldn't imagine getting wife approval on an exhaust...of all things to get an approval on, an exhaust is an issue lol?...

there are worse things in a marrage to argue over...unless it's about money which is different...but it's just a sound making device...unless she drives is 95% of the time and has the say so. If you got the money to do so...it's your car. A v8 is not meant to be quiet!
He gets it.

Haha, my wife and I were having some time together outside the local coffee shop on a date night. She hears a loud & great sounding 197 drive by and quickly looks up to watch it drive by smiling. Asks why the GT doesn't sound like that. Told her I bought the MF street version, because I didn't want it too loud for her as a DD..... She just gave me "the look"... :tsk:

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
:crazy:

as a married man, I don't even know what to say to this lol... I just couldn't imagine getting wife approval on an exhaust...of all things to get an approval on, an exhaust is an issue lol?...

!
When I got this mustang, the 1st thing she said is "no loud ass exhaust like your old mustang"

My 98gt, had cat delete x pipe, and magnaflows. She hated how loud it was on start up in the garage.

Being married 20 years now, i have learned you have to pick your battles. And timing is everything.

Brownw01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walter
Vehicle(s)
15 EB PP Guard
Just dropped at dealer (going away for 10 days so opportune time... Getting brakes/rotors replaced for TSB.

Had called about this upcoming recall and they said no problem, bring it in. Get there and they look it up with me there and say can't do anything until actual recall comes out. But supposed to be "week of 22nd". So hopefully happens while it's there anyways.
Fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Today is the last business day for the week of the 22nd, anyone had luck getting this TSB done yet?

Sponsored

S550Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Prem.
Today is the last business day for the week of the 22nd, anyone had luck getting this TSB done yet?

I work in the parts department and I have an ecoboost, still no parts have come through. Don't think they are available yet.

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
I work in the parts department and I have an ecoboost, still no parts have come through. Don't think they are available yet.
Thanks for the heads up, saved me a trip to the dealer. I want to get this done ASAP, and check on the seat cooler issue.

Sharx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic EB PP
This recall must be a bigger issue than originally thought. Wanting a new Ecoboost Mustang we found the car we liked and having previously worked for the dealership some years ago we purchased the car. Now we have tags, and a payment book for a car that we can't even take off the lot. These cars are on a do not demonstrate, or deliver order and my new car is going on a month old still sitting on the showroom!!! I would sure like to hear they have parts coming. From what I was told the fuel tank has to come down and new heat shield above the tank and around the fuel lines (vapor line) and the emergency brake cable.

Sponsored

kosa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost
i called my dealer to because my car has the recall to and there is no parts yet and no time when they will be available but my payments have to be made every month so this is kind of stupid

Sharx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic EB PP
i called my dealer to because my car has the recall to and there is no parts yet and no time when they will be available but my payments have to be made every month so this is kind of stupid
So you don't have your car either? What is frustrating is the fact they have made the fix back in February because they are still coming off the assembly line. (and those are not part of this recall) but 19,000 CUSTOMERS are told you can keep driving it till we get the parts. Then others like myself are told sorry you can't drive it off the lot yet. But here is your payment... and it is still due.

Rough Hollow Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Convertible
It is just crap like this that I lost faith in Ford Motor Company, sold my stock. Still love my Mustang vert but the Company has forgotten what customer service means.

Sharx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic EB PP
It is just crap like this that I lost faith in Ford Motor Company, sold my stock. Still love my Mustang vert but the Company has forgotten what customer service means.
I am starting to think the same way. After a 40 minute call to Ford Customer Service. I was assigned a case number and told I would get a call with in 24 hours. 48 have come and went. Still no word. So I called back went through the automated version of hell. And told a name of a regional CSM and he would call me... Then I was given his ext. to leave a message:doh:

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
We are working with our suppliers to expedite parts, neodark. Also, owner notifications should be mailed out next week.

I am starting to think the same way. After a 40 minute call to Ford Customer Service. I was assigned a case number and told I would get a call with in 24 hours. 48 have come and went. Still no word. So I called back went through the automated version of hell. And told a name of a regional CSM and he would call me... Then I was given his ext. to leave a message:doh:
Let me look into this for you, Sharx. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, full name, and best daytime number.

Deysha
Sponsored