Sponsored

Recall and Immediate Stop Sale on 8,026 GT350 and GT350R Models: Engine Oil Cooler

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
Are there any pictures of the connection ? Why not put a extra clamp on the hose to make sure it doesn't come loose. I'm looking into doing this. 3 to 4 months seems way to long for the solution.
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Are there any pictures of the connection ? Why not put a extra clamp on the hose to make sure it doesn't come loose.
I'd imagine that once you screw with it and something should happen, you just owned the problem.

My service advisor told me to drive it like this never happened and if in the unlikely event that there was a problem, Ford would cover it.

That is exactly what I plan to do.

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Not going to sit back and worry about wtf ford thinks. Its my car paid in full not fords. I'll have my shop look @ it and make a decision. If it's not a solution then I'll wait.

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
Not going to sit back and worry about wtf ford thinks. I'll have my shop look @ it and make a decision.
I hear you and I feel the same but not letting anyone but Ford touch my car. I don't want to give then any reason to deny coverage. I still believe this is probably a small percentage of cars that will experience any issues with this. If this were a real danger, The NTSC would have them notify owners to stop using their cars.

Keep in mind, this memo was meant for dealers, not the general public. Those notices to owners will come out in December.

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
You can look @ any used Shelby GT350 and pull up the recall. This is for the public. Go to car max and look @ the GT 350 they have and see the recall for yourself. As far as the NHTSA I would not put your faith in them. GM gave me a loaner until they could fix the ignition switch problem. 2 months and my car sat in my garage until the part came in. If this is a safety problem a loaner is the route I'm taking.
One more thing if you are the second owner there is no notice from ford.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Not going to sit back and worry about wtf ford thinks. Its my car paid in full not fords. I'll have my shop look @ it and make a decision. If it's not a solution then I'll wait.
I was just sayin.....

It is your car and do with it what you like. However, I think with certainty that if you modify a part that in turn causes a blown motor, you may not be covered.

I never said you cant do that.....

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
You can look @ any used Shelby GT350 and pull up the recall. This is for the public. Go to car max and look @ the GT 350 they have and see the recall for yourself. As far as the NTSC I would not put your faith in them. GM gave me a loaner until they could fix the ignition switch problem. 2 months and my car sat in my garage until the part came in. If this is a safety problem a loaner is the route I'm taking.
One more thing if you are the second owner there is no notice from ford.
It's not a recall. No one is being told to stop using their cars and bring them in immediately for repair. Ford is not selling any cars affected but is not recalling cars, yet.

If folks feel safer not driving their cars, that is their decision. I'm not going to stop using my car until Ford has parts and is ready to address and provide an actual recall. :cheers:

SchultzLT1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 AG Tech Pack
Well I'm not going to put brand new oil in my car just for ford to drain it to change the cooler lines

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
What do you mean? So all cars are affected?:(

When I go to the first my Ford link where I registered my car it says no recalls there though.
Here's the deal. Ford says they have no fix for this issue yet. So either that means they DO have a fix that was applied to cars built in September or your car will be part of a future bulletin. What bothers me is if they did fix this on Sept built cars, that means they have a fix and should not be telling customers to wait until Mid December to get more data.

I do suspect there is really no fix yet but Ford did not want to stop all sales so that is why they are saying pre September cars are the ones impacted. I hope I'm wrong.
This^^

They have already said they don't have a fix for the issue yet. So either they have realized that the parts obtained from one of their suppliers did not meet design criteria, and hence only receiving said parts from another supplier, OR they simply didn't want the rest of the 17's that have been ordered/delivered to also be sitting on dealer lots for the next 4-5 months.

My bet is that next spring/summer yours will also fall under a similar recall. Simple fact is they don't want to halt all sales when they don't have a remedy readily available. It would look bad on the car and the brand; they would prefer to let us risk it with no directive given to not use the vehicle, and in the end if they have to replace some engines if things go south, definitely cheaper than paying people's car payments and lawsuits.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
It's not a recall. No one is being told to stop using their cars and bring them in immediately for repair. Ford is not selling any cars affected but is not recalling cars, yet.

If folks feel safer not driving their cars, that is their decision. I'm not going to stop using my car until Ford has parts and is ready to address and provide an actual recall. :cheers:
If I'm by myself, I would still drive it. But, I don't feel comfortable having my daughter in the back in her booster seat. If something happens, I can at least get out quickly, but wouldn't want to try and get her out of the back during an emergency if I don't have to.

Sponsored

FocusRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby
Notifications

You’re up to date
Your vehicle is up to date.

NO RECALLS OR FIELD SERVICE ACTIONS
NO PROFILE UPDATES NEEDED

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Why are they stopping the sale of the ones sitting at dealers prior to Sept? Makes no sense if they didn't fix the current. I'd say keep them all.

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
Why are they stopping the sale of the ones sitting at dealers prior to Sept? Makes no sense if they didn't fix the current. I'd say keep them all.
Obviously they did identify the issue and implement the fix at the end of the recall window.

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7

It clearly is an actual recall. Look at the subject line of the letter. Just because the NTHSA recall number is pending doesn't mean it's not a recall.

It is correct that they don't mention that owner's of affected vehicles should park them and if it were a very high risk thing, they definitely would. It doesn't bother me any more than the VERY isolated forum posts about oil line leaks/failures do. It's clearly not widespread or there would be more reports, but it clearly is a potential issue and Ford is moving forward with getting a fix out there for existing cars.

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Obviously they did identify the issue and implement the fix at the end of the recall window.
Not obvious really. They said they don't have a fix for those of us affected. If they fixed the ones beyond the recall window, it would mean they have a source for the parts that would resolve the issue. They simply didn't include anything beyond September because they don't want to hamper 17' sales. The vast majority of cars built before September have sold, whereas the vast majority of cars beyond September have yet to be sold. Wouldn't shock me in the slightest if they released another recall in several months for the newer owners. They want to implement a fix for cars they've already sold, not put a lid on selling these cars and having them sit at dealer lots for months when there is no immediate fix. The dealers would be filing against Ford since they borrow the money to buy those cars to begin with, and the longer they sit, the less money they make and the more of a liability the vehicle becomes.
Sponsored