Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
For those in the know, are there any rear suspension differences between the GT500 and lesser Mustangs? Not talking half shafts, sway bars, or springs, just the rest including the mounting.

Curious if the rear cradle has any sort of OEM lockout or such, since the cradle isolation on the S550 is such a floppy turd. If not, a cradle lockout would make an already stellar car more of a standout.
Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
For those in the know, are there any rear suspension differences between the GT500 and lesser Mustangs? Not talking half shafts, sway bars, or springs, just the rest including the mounting.

Curious if the rear cradle has any sort of OEM lockout or such, since the cradle isolation on the S550 is such a floppy turd. If not, a cradle lockout would make an already stellar car more of a standout.
When I was playing with my undercarriage :giggle:, the only difference that I immediately saw was that the LCA, knuckles, and the vertical links are different, everything else looked the same. No lockouts noticed. I will more than likely slap in a set of Steeda subframe alignment pins and call it done on this car.
E7B53BA0-260C-4573-9393-E03353DD5702.jpeg

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500

If got the diff lock, i feel it made a difference

OP
OP
Strokerswild

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
With the quarter mile times these things are cranking out already, I would have guessed some sort of cradle lockout had to be in effect. Crazy.
Sponsored