Sponsored

Rear Marker Lights Install

Alfa Male

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulia
I’m looking to refit the led rear marker lights in the rear bumper lower sides, from my old car to the new one.

Went to fit these last weekend only to find the 2018+ rear bumper design is massively different to to the 2015-2017 design. Not least I can’t see a way to thread the cable from the rear number plate lights to the rear markers as I had it installed in the last car.

Has anyone fitted these marker lights to a 2018+ model and if so how did you do the wiring ??
Sponsored

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
I’m looking to refit the led rear marker lights in the rear bumper lower sides, from my old car to the new one.

Went to fit these last weekend only to find the 2018+ rear bumper design is massively different to to the 2015-2017 design. Not least I can’t see a way to thread the cable from the rear number plate lights to the rear markers as I had it installed in the last car.

Has anyone fitted these marker lights to a 2018+ model and if so how did you do the wiring ??
I moved mine from a 15-17 to a 19, can't remember exactly what I did but I remember removing one of the number plate lights and feeding cable down then running along to each side, if you want I can take a look under the bumper to see what I did, just let me know

Symone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2021 mach1 grabber yellow A10

Just fitted mine from the 2017 to my 19 fitted markers in passed wires around inside of bumper then popped the number plate light out and grabbed wires through hole , didn’t encounter any issues

OP
OP
Alfa Male

Alfa Male

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulia
Just fitted mine from the 2017 to my 19 fitted markers in passed wires around inside of bumper then popped the number plate light out and grabbed wires through hole , didn’t encounter any issues
if you could that would be most appreciated. I’ve spent ages trying to fish the cable through the number plate light hole. If you could give me a steer on which way to go that would be a start

Symone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
if you could that would be most appreciated. I’ve spent ages trying to fish the cable through the number plate light hole. If you could give me a steer on which way to go that would be a start

Used one of these pushed from outside and grabbed cable
4F0BBCE1-3A65-428F-9A6F-D8909047BC03.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
Alfa Male

Alfa Male

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulia
From outside through numberplate light hole into bumper
On my previous mustang I could simply fish the cable straight through the number plate hole and drop down to the underneath.
However on the facelift the bumper It looks like it’s double skinned and when I’m fishing it through I can’t seem to find a way through.
Might have to take the rear bumper off to do this.

Fatbob V2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
If you want a more factory way to do this (worked for my 16 model), remove the inner boot trims, left and right and there are grommets on either side that will drop your loom right above the reflectors. Just watch around the exhaust.
I connected in to the the sidelight feed in the loom that runs across rear slam panel, under the plastic trim where the boot catch is. You get an earth there as well.
Can’t remember the wire colour but it will probably the same as the one that feeds your number plate bulb

Keeps all your connections inside and away from moisture etc.

Symone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
On my previous mustang I could simply fish the cable straight through the number plate hole and drop down to the underneath.
However on the facelift the bumper It looks like it’s double skinned and when I’m fishing it through I can’t seem to find a way through.
Might have to take the rear bumper off to do this.

Just keep trying it literally took me 30 secs to thread through

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I did a '18 with them, same as Symone says, just open the left number plate light, toss the tables up and backwards and they'll land on the floor eventually if you push more in.

OP
OP
Alfa Male

Alfa Male

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulia
I did a '18 with them, same as Symone says, just open the left number plate light, toss the tables up and backwards and they'll land on the floor eventually if you push more in.
Bloody hell why am I finding it so hard then ! Spent about a hour the other day endless trying to fish the cables through ! I’ll have another session in the morning whilst the wife is at work !

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Bloody hell why am I finding it so hard then ! Spent about a hour the other day endless trying to fish the cables through ! I’ll have another session in the morning whilst the wife is at work !
It does seem awfully unusual you're struggling, try and go up first rather than directly to the front of the car... there are bits that look like they'd catch somewhat but nothing obscure in the way

OP
OP
Alfa Male

Alfa Male

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulia
It wasn’t easy but I realised where I was going wrong ! You need to poke your fingers through the number plate light hole and then feed cable through using your fingers to poke it down between the gap (same gap wiring for number plate light wiring comes up from).

It’s effectively straight and straight down which is why the cable will not do this naturally. Also the edges of the number plate hole are sharp, very sharp !
Sponsored