Rear coil spring isolators torn - 2019 Bullitt with very low mileage

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I just dropped the cradle on my 2019 Bullitt (with 8500 miles on the odometer) in preparation for installing BMR drag race springs and discovered that the top and bottom isolators for each spring are torn. It seems that the ends of the coil springs cut into the isolators, as seen in the pics below. I even took a pic of the driver’s side control arm which has a witness mark indicating that the end of the spring was making contact with it, after wearing through the isolator. This is just an FYI to others to keep an eye on their isolators, as it could lead to unwanted noises.

I‘ve ordered all new isolators and I’m considering knocking off the sharp edges on the tops and bottoms of each spring and touching them up with a rust inhibiting paint before installing them. Hopefully this will extend the life of the isolators and prevent what I feel was accelerated wear as a result of the sharp edges on the springs. Please let me know your thoughts on whether this would be a good or bad thing to do to the springs.

IMG_6484.jpeg

IMG_6038.jpeg

IMG_6482.jpeg

IMG_6490.jpeg

IMG_6489.jpeg

IMG_6035.jpeg

IMG_6036.jpeg

IMG_6485.jpeg
Sponsored

Robottrainer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Robottrainer
I just dropped the cradle on my 2019 Bullitt (with 8500 miles on the odometer) in preparation for installing BMR drag race springs and discovered that the top and bottom isolators for each spring are torn. It seems that the ends of the coil springs cut into the isolators, as seen in the pics below. I even took a pic of the driver’s side control arm which has a witness mark indicating that the end of the spring was making contact with it, after wearing through the isolator. This is just an FYI to others to keep an eye on their isolators, as it could lead to unwanted noises.

I‘ve ordered all new isolators and I’m considering knocking off the sharp edges on the tops and bottoms of each spring and touching them up with a rust inhibiting paint before installing them. Hopefully this will extend the life of the isolators and prevent what I feel was accelerated wear as a result of the sharp edges on the springs. Please let me know your thoughts on whether this would be a good or bad thing to do to the springs.

IMG_6484.jpeg

IMG_6038.jpeg

IMG_6482.jpeg

IMG_6490.jpeg

IMG_6489.jpeg

IMG_6035.jpeg

IMG_6036.jpeg

IMG_6485.jpeg
They all tear. The one isolator is the same for all S550s. With magnaride the other isolator is a special and costs twice as much

OP
OP
NGOT8R

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
The new spring isolators arrived yesterday. This time I covered the ends of the coils with some thick heat shrink to add an extra layer of protection and hopefully help extend the life of the isolators.

IMG_6558.jpeg

IMG_6563.jpeg

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guys used to put electrical tape on them in the old days. Does anyone make a polyurethane isolator for these or not?

OP
OP
NGOT8R

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Guys used to put electrical tape on them in the old days. Does anyone make a polyurethane isolator for these or not?
Not for Magneride springs. I think a universal isolator kit can be sourced for non Magneride cars.

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I think a universal isolator kit can be sourced for non Magneride cars.
I wouldn't use a universal kit, but surprised no one sells/makes a polyurethane kit for our cars.

OP
OP
NGOT8R

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I wouldn't use a universal kit, but surprised no one sells/makes a polyurethane kit for our cars.
Me neither. I like the way the factory isolators twist-lock onto the spring (up top). The bottom isolator is definitely the weak spot in the set.
Sponsored