Really strange noise from rear end

Alocoroco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alocoroco
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Hi everyone. My 2015 gt is making a really weird noise. It was in an accident and had to replace a few suspension components. It's making a strange noise I can't tell if it's the axles or the diff itself. The right side is much louder than left.
Sponsored

Brokestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
Passenger side. I think the noise on the drivers side is carrying over from the passengers side. Did it get hit on the passengers side rear?

OP
OP

Alocoroco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alocoroco
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Passenger side. I think the noise on the drivers side is carrying over from the passengers side. Did it get hit on the passengers side rear?
It was hit on both sides. Changed all suspension

Sponsored

Sponsored
OP
OP

Alocoroco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alocoroco
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
I don't know exactly what the issue is but in the video on the passengers side you can see the cv boot at the differential out of round. It matches the noise as it spins.
Maybe I'll try a new cv axle. The old one was bent

Brokestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
Maybe I'll try a new cv axle. The old one was bent
It's hard to say what is wrong just looking at the video. I'm not very knowledgeable about working on these mustangs. I've worked on cars all my life & do know the cv axle should not wobble like that. The clicking sound is the same I have heard from bad cv have shafts I have changed on front wheel drive cars. If you figure it out update us what fixed it!