Sponsored

Raxiom Unit in the Works?

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
There are already reviews flooding in on the Moddiction unit, and so far, nothing but praise.
I have no horse in this race, therefore my opinion is not biased, but you cannot honestly say its all praise for the Moddiction unit, Ive seen lots of little bugs and annoyances, so its far from a perfect system
Sponsored

EddieGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2012 Challenger SRT8, 67 Fastback
I have no horse in this race, therefore my opinion is not biased, but you cannot honestly say its all praise for the Moddiction unit, Ive seen lots of little bugs and annoyances, so its far from a perfect system
Its far from perfect. Im happy with it but it does have a few bugs. However, I'm hopeful that they'll be worked out in the first software update.

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
'14 F150 EcoBoost/'08 Bullitt
That response couldn't have sounded any more like a political dodge... There are already reviews flooding in on the Moddiction unit, and so far, nothing but praise. I never even got around to ordering a TomTop because I'll be deployed before it ever showed up... So here I sit, with my thumbs getting stinky, just waiting for the Raxiom reviews to get posted, THEN wait for the unit to be released to the masses, THEN throw stuff across the room because they sold out before I could order, and finally I'll find the time to order one of the previously mentioned units while I'm on the USS Bataan... :/
Will be FRONT or BACK SD card? Just curious.
[MENTION=13063]E.jaba[/MENTION] FRONT

I've been tuned in since the rumors :gossip: started of this unit. Put me in for the pre order..I've got cash in hand..hurry up now ya hear?:paddle:

No pre-order sadly

:headbang::cheers:

I wasnt actually trying to pre-order it..more of letting him know that I intend to buy this unit and show my excitement and impatience. ;)
Hey, I'm excited too, don't I look excited?

Its far from perfect. Im happy with it but it does have a few bugs. However, I'm hopeful that they'll be worked out in the first software update.
My moddiction unit has worked great so far, no issues. (knock on wood)
Happy to hear it - and if anything think of them being analogous to your phones; They'll always need a software update. Take into consideration these are also the first batches from both parties.

I'd be foolish to say that the Raxiom wouldn't have an issue because any and every product out there has issues.

The point that I want to get across is that we don't mess around with their warranty claims. I am violently quick to jump on a problem and fix it within 24-48 hours here. AM Doesn't split hairs guys. Customer comes first, always.

Alex

Sponsored

Ultimateone

Yes is that's guy /\
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F32 435i Xdrive
100 testers? dude I would've loved to try

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
Nothing but patience here. The best product will get my business. Especially one that allows for night mode to be on constantly. For now a mixture of my car sitting at the dealer for 3 weeks and base unit are working just fine. Wish I could have been a tester, but excited to hear what the testers have to say!

EddieGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
Nothing but patience here. The best product will get my business. Especially one that allows for night mode to be on constantly. For now a mixture of my car sitting at the dealer for 3 weeks and base unit are working just fine. Wish I could have been a tester, but excited to hear what the testers have to say!
Patience is good. It's good not to rush into anything. And keep in mind that the Moddiction unit allows you to leave it in day, night or auto mode.

Eddie

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
Last I read from Moddiction, the day/night mode defaults to day mode every time the car is shut off.

EddieGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
Last I read from Moddiction, the day/night mode defaults to day mode every time the car is shut off.
Mine has stayed on night mode. My only issue is the time. It keeps jumping back an hour no matter the time zone.

Sponsored

X0AYHAM0X

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 V6
I really hope the Raxiom team is technically independent and doesn't have to go back to the manufacturer for every change in the software and on top of that I hope they're actual engineers rather than just sellers.

Really excited to see this unit and its software interface!!!

Brumdog24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550
Excited to see theres options for our small screen'ed cars. How ever after looking at the moddiction unit, am I the only one that thinks the software looks basic? I'm not bitching because regardless ill be upgrading this crappy little screen but i figured the software would have more color and depth to it. It just looks like it was designed on windows 98 paint lol

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
I believe the developers are making the UI to be close to the SYNC3 UI on purpose. You can find plenty of Iphone look a-likes on Ebay that try to replicate the Apple OS, but end up having vastly inferior UI's. It gives buyers who don't want to pay for the actual Iphone (or in this case, the MFT or SYNC3 system) the look and feel of having the nicer system, without the cost.

IMO the SYNC3 UI should be dropped, especially since Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are the latest and greatest. As a developer, I'd want my product to stand out and rise above even the premium factory unit. That can easily be done with adding some color, a better looking UI and more functions. It may even draw in some of the premium owners to buy their product.

Nonetheless, these are still far better than the base unit!!

Ultimateone

Yes is that's guy /\
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F32 435i Xdrive
Excited to see theres options for our small screen'ed cars. How ever after looking at the moddiction unit, am I the only one that thinks the software looks basic? I'm not bitching because regardless ill be upgrading this crappy little screen but i figured the software would have more color and depth to it. It just looks like it was designed on windows 98 paint lol
It's a Sync 3 clone, so thats more or less what you would see with an OEM Ford Sync system...
Sponsored