Sponsored

Rattle/clunking sound

Monty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
Whenever the road gets a bit bumpy, or go over a bump, I get a horrible rattle/clunk sound. Difficult to know where its coming from - below the passenger seat or centre console?. Nothing appears to be loose. Sounds a bit like if you had a tool-box in the car and it rattled every time you hit a bump.

Anyone else have this?

Hope there isn't a spanner from the factory left in my centre console!
Sponsored

Goosey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Magnetic
Is it worth checking under the car for exhaust mountings etc. if you think its under the centre console it could be under the floor pan not over it and inside the car.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I get a rattle and a clunk too.... It's the passenger side... It's my locking wheel nut in the glove box :lol:

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
I get a rattle and a clunk too.... It's the passenger side... It's my locking wheel nut in the glove box :lol:
..........and a whine from the drivers seat. ;-)

I'm with [MENTION=24040]Goosey[/MENTION] most likely to be the exhaust, mine is very close to the diff.

tooley

My Little Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Auto
Mine sounds like pebbles on a tin tray over certain types of road surface. Definitely coming from inside the dash somewhere I think, sort of a buzzy rattle, though i will get the dealer to check the exhaust mounts

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

I'm with @Goosey most likely to be the exhaust, mine is very close to the diff.
I don't whine when driving unless on the phone to Ford/Some incompetent twat. :lol:

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
Is it worth checking under the car for exhaust mountings etc. if you think its under the centre console it could be under the floor pan not over it and inside the car.
Good advice, thanks, I completely neglected to think of that as I was focusing on the interior.

Mine sounds like pebbles on a tin tray over certain types of road surface. Definitely coming from inside the dash somewhere I think, sort of a buzzy rattle, though i will get the dealer to check the exhaust mounts
Got a buzzy rattle coming from glove box that I'll have a go at fixing with with neoprene or felt pads where the 'lid' meets the box. Also got one on the steering column, which a hard thump every now and then seems to fix. Another one on the passenger side door seems to be near the speaker, but I don't fancy removing the door card. I expect a full symphony of rattles and clanks by the time the car is 3 years old!

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!

I'm with [MENTION=24040]Goosey[/MENTION] most likely to be the exhaust, mine is very close to the diff.
I get a whine from the passenger seat all the time. I just tell her she can walk if she dont like it!

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
Update - fixed!

Got it up on a ramp today, just needed a couple of bolts tightening (exhaust bracket).

Thanks again for the helpful replies.

Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Got it up on a ramp today, just needed a couple of bolts tightening (exhaust bracket).

Thanks again for the helpful replies.
DIY? or did Ford actually manage to sort a problem???

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
DIY? or did Ford actually manage to sort a problem???

Just got up on a lift at a local garage. He diagnosed the problem in 10 seconds and took another 10 seconds to fix.

The 'local' Ford garage wouldn't touch it (not allowed apparently) so I would have had to book in to the nearest Ford Store, which is a hateful time consuming journey for a start. I also had the underseal professionally done recently, so thinking about it, if they were being mean, they could have even said that the loose bracket was down to the guys who did the underseal work, therefore not covered under warranty (and charged me an hour labour!)

Still need to book into Ford Store for other warranty work (leaky window, puddle light, door mirror, etc.) but dreading it, so keep putting it off.

twold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 mustang fastback
Last week I suddenly acquired a quite loud metal click/ting sound from my GT .It exactly followed the engine speed and appeared to come from the auto box area.Expecting the worst I took it straight to a Ford dealer who suggested it was coming from the resonator and would need a complete new resonator to back system ,and as I had Roush axlebacks it would probably be warranty rejected by Ford......
So I thought I would try and dislodge the loose metal bit with a good 1 hour boot home.....and it worked,it got quieter and quieter then completely disappeared and car is again silent .So whatever it was if you get the same problem give it some wellie,it might just work,don't try this with a knocking sound from the engine though:headbonk:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Last week I suddenly acquired a quite loud metal click/ting sound from my GT .It exactly followed the engine speed and appeared to come from the auto box area.Expecting the worst I took it straight to a Ford dealer who suggested it was coming from the resonator and would need a complete new resonator to back system ,and as I had Roush axlebacks it would probably be warranty rejected by Ford......
So I thought I would try and dislodge the loose metal bit with a good 1 hour boot home.....and it worked,it got quieter and quieter then completely disappeared and car is again silent .So whatever it was if you get the same problem give it some wellie,it might just work,don't try this with a knocking sound from the engine though:headbonk:
Yeah the axle-back caused the loud clunk in the resonator. Ok then Ford, go prove it. Lazy.
Sponsored