Sponsored

Rant time...what's the worst thing about your Mustang?

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
The paint... The paint is utter shit.

I think the early model Dodge Neons had better quality paint.
Forgive me for asking... but what is wrong with the paint? Does it chip easily? What do I need to watch out for or look for?
Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Auto-up requires a $300 module.
Do you have more info on this? Not going to ever pay $300 for the added benefit, but if it can be done by programming modules, I'm all into that.
I know the F-150's can tweak the bits in the BCM and the DDM/PDM to enable both up and down with keyfob.

ktp1598

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue California Special
I turned this feature on (Auto up/down & disabled the double honk when key is out of car) in my 2017 Ford Focus ST. It was as simple as using forscan and watching a YouTube video.

Smokey613

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Race Red
Vehicle Showcase
A bunch of 14 and 16 second quarter mile monsters there, I don't know how you managed.
This is true. My current vert is probably quicker than any of my previous cars but the tires, brakes, suspension, etc we had at the time were not as good as what we have today. Don’t get me wrong, I may turn advance trac off on occasion but only when I am out of range of unintended “targets”. To be honest, if my Mustang was not a GT convertible I would not have purchased it. I have no desire for a non vert Mustang. If I was going to get a performance coupe it would have been an SRT Challenger. More low end torque and more fun on the street without having to wind it to 7K to feel the power. I have not ran a 1/4 mile run at a track in almost 45 years and not street raced in almost 43 years unless you count high speed pursuits. :)

All that said, I do enjoy my stock 2015 Mustang GT convertible.

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2013 Scion tC.
I turned this feature on (Auto up/down & disabled the double honk when key is out of car) in my 2017 Ford Focus ST. It was as simple as using forscan and watching a YouTube video.
I use forescan, will have to look it up. Have not seen that code though, don’t happen to know the link for up down? I will look in a bit at work if not

Sponsored

trojannemo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yemil
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
I'm starting to get fed up with random noises in the car. Plus the paint quality sucks.

VikingJoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Forgive me for asking... but what is wrong with the paint? Does it chip easily? What do I need to watch out for or look for?
The paint chips if you so much as even look at it the wrong way. Mine also had two bubbles on the trunk that the dealer was somehow able to hide when I looked at the car.

Also, while I was shopping for mine a few years back, I looked at a total of 8 S550's from different dealerships. Out of the 8, 3 of them had paint that was flaking off majorly and all of them had quite a few chips. These cars were all a year or two old with very low miles. Call it a coincidence if you would like, but I have seen enough examples in person and on the forums.

I would highly recommend getting a clear bra or some kind of protection applied to the front bumper, hood, roof and maybe even behind the wheels where your tires kick debris. I probably have close to 100 chips accumulated on my car in these areas and that isn't an exaggeration.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
The paint chips if you so much as even look at it the wrong way. Mine also had two bubbles on the trunk that the dealer was somehow able to hide when I looked at the car.

Also, while I was shopping for mine a few years back, I looked at a total of 8 S550's from different dealerships. Out of the 8, 3 of them had paint that was flaking off majorly and all of them had quite a few chips. These cars were all a year or two old with very low miles. Call it a coincidence if you would like, but I have seen enough examples in person and on the forums.

I would highly recommend getting a clear bra or some kind of protection applied to the front bumper, hood, roof and maybe even behind the wheels where your tires kick debris. I probably have close to 100 chips accumulated on my car in these areas and that isn't an exaggeration.
Thanks for the response. I'll be getting some PPF applied soon and I will have a close look for these other paint issues.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I wish that Ford had made 2018 and 19 coil pack covers that fit the GT ..oh we'll just do it myself...
IMG_20190520_195621365.jpg
Worthwhile mod. Enough involved to warrant a how-to?

Have you considered removing the oil cap dogleg tube so you can have a cap directly on the valve cover? The way you have it is probably easier to fill but I think the old way looks better.

Elvis66

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT ..2014 Camaro ..72 Chevelle ..67 LeMans..97 4runner..2001 tundra
Worthwhile mod. Enough involved to warrant a how-to?

Have you considered removing the oil cap dogleg tube so you can have a cap directly on the valve cover? The way you have it is probably easier to fill but I think the old way looks better.
So the dogleg easy comes off and can use just cap .that will be the final look ..and easy to put back on for adding oil. I had to take off the bracket and installation for the DI pump.

Cali_7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
Bought a used 2015 Mustang GT PP 3 months ago.

My biggest complaints so far are:

1. The clunkiness of the manual transmission, especially at low speeds. I've learned how to manage it a bit, but still get's a little frustrating, especially when I have passengers.

2. The interior runs hot. Compared to my old civic I feel like this car's interior is harder to cool down and keep cool. I plan to tint the windows soon, I'm hoping that helps.

3. My rear camera goes out intermittently, I've noticed this only happens on hot days. If I leave my car out in the sun for a while, my rear camera will not work, as soon as the temperature drops in the evening it will start to work again. I've read this is a common issue, but not sure if it's my wiring harness or the camera itself.

Other than the above, I've been loving the car. First V8, RWD car, so still getting used to the MPG, but the ability to get the back end to break loose and the sound of the V8 are worth it.

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
Hands down, the worst thing is the front bumper tabs IMO.

VikingJoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Bought a used 2015 Mustang GT PP 3 months ago.

My biggest complaints so far are:

1. The clunkiness of the manual transmission, especially at low speeds. I've learned how to manage it a bit, but still get's a little frustrating, especially when I have passengers.

2. The interior runs hot. Compared to my old civic I feel like this car's interior is harder to cool down and keep cool. I plan to tint the windows soon, I'm hoping that helps.

3. My rear camera goes out intermittently, I've noticed this only happens on hot days. If I leave my car out in the sun for a while, my rear camera will not work, as soon as the temperature drops in the evening it will start to work again. I've read this is a common issue, but not sure if it's my wiring harness or the camera itself.

Other than the above, I've been loving the car. First V8, RWD car, so still getting used to the MPG, but the ability to get the back end to break loose and the sound of the V8 are worth it.
For #1, change your trans fluid with BG synchro shift. It does wonders for the MT82.
Sponsored