Sponsored

R suspension question

PhillyBULLITT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
Buddy of mine had bought a set of R sway bars and springs, but is no longer planing to use them(wrecked his car). I'm assuming they are an upgrade from the Performance Pack 1 with Magneride, but I can't find the specs. Can anyone share them or inform me if they are worth the upgrade? I can get the whole setup for $200 from him so thinking it's probably worth it.

Would I need anything else to make them work on a PP1 Mageneride car?
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Obviously, that is one of the differences between R and non. Most get lightweight wheels, sticky tires, and get the splitter and a knock off wing. Most don't bother with the swaybars and springs. Are you going to track the car? If not, I wouldn't bother.

OP
OP
PhillyBULLITT

PhillyBULLITT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
Obviously, that is one of the differences between R and non. Most get lightweight wheels, sticky tires, and get the splitter and a knock off wing. Most don't bother with the swaybars and springs. Are you going to track the car? If not, I wouldn't bother.
Likley just a few autocross sessions a year, and "spirited" driving, nothing hardcore. I dont think at those speeds a wing would really help really, other than just looking cool. :-)

Last edited:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Then probably not worth it IMHO. Its more than just a few hundred bucks, its time and labor..... and for what benefit? I could see if you were trying to replicate an R across the board (sans the badging), but again, why?

OP
OP
PhillyBULLITT

PhillyBULLITT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
Then probably not worth it IMHO. Its more than just a few hundred bucks, its time and labor..... and for what benefit? I could see if you were trying to replicate an R across the board (sans the badging), but again, why?
I just figured for the fact its just like $200 + cost of the spring install it may be worth it. I mean, $200 for springs and swaybars is pretty cheap. 25% the price of the Ford Performance setup.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I just figured for the fact its just like $200 + cost of the spring install it may be worth it. I mean, $200 for springs and swaybars is pretty cheap. 25% the price of the Ford Performance setup.
but for what purpose? Why bother?

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
If you're only street driving your car, a base suspension is plenty enough. The street is not demanding. Autocross and track driving on the other hand...

I keep saying this on this forum, if someone ever tells you how much better the car handles because of x y z suspension mod and the hardest corner they've ever taken has been out of a Starbucks after cars and coffee, they're smoking the good stuff.

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
Not sure about running them with the GT Magneride setup, but I run GT350R springs and sway bars with Koni adjustable shocks and love them. I think I paid like $250 for the springs alone and another $125 for the bars.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
If you're only street driving your car, a base suspension is plenty enough. The street is not demanding. Autocross and track driving on the other hand...

I keep saying this on this forum, if someone ever tells you how much better the car handles because of x y z suspension mod and the hardest corner they've ever taken has been out of a Starbucks after cars and coffee, they're smoking the good stuff.
AF!@#INGMEN!

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
AF!@#INGMEN!
Mhmm.

Honestly, I see nothing wrong with keeping a car's suspension stock because you street drive it. Want a certain look, then lower it, who cares? One doesn't need to start replacing absolutely everything on the planet just to say they have "track suspension" and they've never even hit the track nor plan on it. In fact, that's probably kinda stupid. Waste of money, time, etc etc.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mhmm.

Honestly, I see nothing wrong with keeping a car's suspension stock because you street drive it. Want a certain look, then lower it, who cares? One doesn't need to start replacing absolutely everything on the planet just to say they have "track suspension" and they've never even hit the track nor plan on it. In fact, that's probably kinda stupid. Waste of money, time, etc etc.
What? Is there an echo in here?

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Some people have too much time on their hands is why.:facepalm:
And I don't think any of us are saying "don't modify" so much as just think things through first. OEM parts are way more capable that people think. It's just they see a ringer like Randy Pobst or something on Motortrend say "no dice" but fail to realize the homie has won more championships than most can count.

Woody25

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Woody
Vehicle(s)
2019 350R
And I don't think any of us are saying "don't modify" so much as just think things through first. OEM parts are way more capable that people think. It's just they see a ringer like Randy Pobst or something on Motortrend say "no dice" but fail to realize the homie has won more championships than most can count.
I could not agree with you more and I'm the last one that should comment on trying to improve something that doesn't really need improvement.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I don't think I've EVER seen him drive a car that he didn't only say good things about. Kinda makes me feel like hes just paid for his name and say good things. It doesn't feel like hes giving honest feedback about it.
Sponsored