Quiet startup - outside of quiet start hours

Goodwood

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grabber Blue/Black Mustang GT Premium
I'm new to Ford and Mustang. Where is this Quiet Start option located? I have the 400A option pkg.
Sponsored

Goodwood

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
It’s only available with the standalone optional Active Exhaust.
I have active exhaust. So, where do I find this option? The reason for mentioning the 400A option pkg, is that I have the analog dash, not the much cooler digital one of the 401A pkg, so accessing the menu is different.

Last edited:

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
I have active exhaust. So, where do I find this option? The reason for mentioning the 400A option pkg, is that I have the analog dash, not the much cooler digital one of the 401A pkg, so accessing the menu is different.

Sponsored

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
I can’t speak for any one else, but I would not want that in my center console.
I was considering it for a while, it wouldn't bother me at all. I actually like how it stands out. Steeda will install it for me. Already have a quote, decisions decisions.. :blush:

Goodwood

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Great, thanks. Think I can find it from watching this! I am curious to see what my startup is set at! I do run in quiet exhaust mode about 90% of the time. That's loud enough for me. I know, I know lame, right? Believe me, I've had many loud cars over the yrs, and this GT in quiet mode sounds great to me. It definitely growls when you stand on it.

PVAMT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Deep impact blue / silver stripes, red pinstripes
Vehicle Showcase
I needed to start the car today in quiet mode due to the wife being on a work call. I powered up the car and put the exhaust mode into quiet (heard the valves changing). However when. I started the ending, it reverted back to normal and do not start quietly.

Seems odd that there is no way to ad-hoc start the car in quiet mode outside of the scheduled quiet start hours?
Problem solved: I installed Borla Sport mufflers with an x-pipe. No quiet mode, heavenly music all the time.😃👍👍

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Is that console switch assembly available in the reverse color setup? It would blend much better in my opinion. Then again a lot of times pics can be misleading both good and bad. At the end of the day making the cars our own is most of the fun.

I was considering it for a while, it wouldn't bother me at all. I actually like how it stands out. Steeda will install it for me. Already have a quote, decisions decisions.. :blush:

Sponsored

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
Funny thread… kind of like a buddy of mine who bought an AC Cobra kit car and said the side pipes were to loud, and him & the interior would get wet if caught in the rain.
I told him… exactly, it is an AC Cobra kit car!
Some people think expensive equals luxury. Like the executive that buys the M8 competition convertible with the carbon ceramic brakes and whines that it squeaks in downtown Chicago stop and go traffic, and is extremely embarrassing to him. “Do you know how much I paid for this thing?” Yes. Yes, I do.

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 Honda Fit Sport
Maybe folks should just stop bitching about stupid little shit and go enjoy their cars. Ford gave us an awesome feature with a well thought out means to override it. If it takes a few seconds of your precious little life to use it just shut up and do it.

God, I’m so tired of the “Karen’s” on this forum.

Sorry, rant over. :explode: :curse:
Not to mention that the guy replaced the stock exhaust to make it EVEN LOUDER.

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 Honda Fit Sport
This thread is interesting, I know for 100% my car will start in quiet mode if I switch to it in auxiliary mode and then start the car. Guess not all mustangs are programmed the same :shock:
I have a base model so have no options on the exhaust, however I notice that on a cold start, it's much louder for the first 30-60 seconds and then it quiets down a bit that's noticeable. Not sure if it's a cam timing thing or if it has to do with the DI vs. port injection thing, but the noise level change is very obvious.

xSouthSyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic GT
I needed to start the car today in quiet mode due to the wife being on a work call. I powered up the car and put the exhaust mode into quiet (heard the valves changing). However when. I started the ending, it reverted back to normal and do not start quietly.

Seems odd that there is no way to ad-hoc start the car in quiet mode outside of the scheduled quiet start hours?
Yes I had this same issue last week when I was trying to leave a work event in incognito mode lol.
I have quiet start setup for early mornings/late nights but I thought I could just put the accessories on and flick it into quiet mode and start the car. I heard the click from the exhaust actuator and thought I was going to leave like a ninja only for the exhaust to go back into normal/cold start mode and blow my cover.
Next time I will have to adjust the quiet start times before I start the car.

Goodwood

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Wait, you can adjust the Quiet start times?
Sponsored