Quick question about tires/wheels !

Vell !

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
vellen
Vehicle(s)
2019 ecoboost mustang
so the s550 eco pp I am currently building right now is going to be mostly track oriented (taking corners well/handling good. Etc) along with regular street driving, and if I’ve done my research correctly the best fitment for a track build would be flushed, preferably with wide wheels for handling. so what I’m trying to say is what would be the best wheel/tire sizing & offset for a track build ?.
Sponsored

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
18x11 wheels all 4 corners. Preferably Apex wheels following their fitment guide.

KewlWinter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EcoBoost Premium+ Ruby Red
Vehicle Showcase
Go with a square setup, as much wheel as you can fit under, since you mentioned track and cornering. Running a staggered setup is better for straight line. The most aggressive square setup I have personally seen was 19x11.5 et56 with a 31mm spacer up front. Or you can go 19x11 et52 with a 25mm spacer up front. Substitute your preferred wheel size for the 19. If running spacers with a square setup, get the spacer plates and extended wheel studs. Make sure when sizing your wheels you look at front brake clearance, especially if running the 6pot Brembos. Compare wheel weights to ensure you are reducing rotating mass and manufacturing process for strength. The tires will be whatever you can fit with minimum clearance, with good grip and heat characteristics. Nitto, Continental, Indy are some brands to look into.

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT
18x11 wheels all 4 corners. Preferably Apex wheels following their fitment guide.
And 305mm tire width. 305/35R-18 or 305/30R-19
...And Rokblox if you don't already have them. There's a lot of debris on a race track.

Also, I second the part about getting long studs.

1698067635290.png

paulm1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
pau
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT mustang
so the s550 eco pp I am currently building right now is going to be mostly track oriented (taking corners well/handling good. Etc) along with regular street driving, and if I’ve done my research correctly the best fitment for a track build would be flushed, preferably with wide wheels for handling. so what I’m trying to say is what would be the best wheel/tire sizing & offset for a track build ?.
Get a used set of gt 350 rims and put 305 30 19's on them. Theyre stagered but you can still rotate the tires by remounting, no spacers, ext studs needed.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Vell !

Vell !

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
vellen
Vehicle(s)
2019 ecoboost mustang
Go with a square setup, as much wheel as you can fit under, since you mentioned track and cornering. Running a staggered setup is better for straight line. The most aggressive square setup I have personally seen was 19x11.5 et56 with a 31mm spacer up front. Or you can go 19x11 et52 with a 25mm spacer up front. Substitute your preferred wheel size for the 19. If running spacers with a square setup, get the spacer plates and extended wheel studs. Make sure when sizing your wheels you look at front brake clearance, especially if running the 6pot Brembos. Compare wheel weights to ensure you are reducing rotating mass and manufacturing process for strength. The tires will be whatever you can fit with minimum clearance, with good grip and heat characteristics. Nitto, Continental, Indy are some brands to look into.
hey thanks for the response, would you say that smaller diameter wheels (16-18) would be better for handling as opposed to 19+ ?

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
Hey this is Junior from N4SM, you're looking for something that's best for both street and track.
18" wheels are best for the track but not the best for street driving, the car will sit a lot lower.
I would recommend a 19x11 +50 rear, 19x11 +24 with 305's up front and your choice of a 315/30/19 or 325/30/19 rear. With that being said you will have a slight wheel poke so depending on how low the car is that is something to think about. Another thing is wheel alignment, very important for performance and the tire life when driving the car on the street. The car will preform great at the track and is will still be ok to drive on the street.

OP
OP
Vell !

Vell !

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
vellen
Vehicle(s)
2019 ecoboost mustang
Hey this is Junior from N4SM, you're looking for something that's best for both street and track.
18" wheels are best for the track but not the best for street driving, the car will sit a lot lower.
I would recommend a 19x11 +50 rear, 19x11 +24 with 305's up front and your choice of a 315/30/19 or 325/30/19 rear. With that being said you will have a slight wheel poke so depending on how low the car is that is something to think about. Another thing is wheel alignment, very important for performance and the tire life when driving the car on the street. The car will preform great at the track and is will still be ok to drive on the street.
This is what I’ve been looking for thank you !! Also, do you think I could do an 18 instead of a 19, I heard I’ll have lower top speed but faster acceleration, and yes I’m fine with a little bit of poke primarily I would like the tires to be flush with the wheel well on all four corners. will what you comment above work for that ?

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
This is what I’ve been looking for thank you !! Also, do you think I could do an 18 instead of a 19, I heard I’ll have lower top speed but faster acceleration, and yes I’m fine with a little bit of poke primarily I would like the tires to be flush with the wheel well on all four corners. will what you comment above work for that ?
Yeah both 18" and 19" would be perfectly fine, 18x10.5 square with 305's would be great but the car will sit lower. 19's would be better if you plan to street drive the car also.
Sponsored